.. ⚘ Picnic ⚘ .. O x M

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Obanai x MitsuriMy modern au_________________Obanai's POV

Obanai x Mitsuri
My modern au
_________________
Obanai's POV

The sun was burning  behind the clouds. Light blue filling the sky like water colors on a canvas. I slumped against a tree and wrote into my book, my book full of poetry I was writing for her. My love, Mitsuri Kanroji. The cutest and sweetest girl you could know. Her mint green eyes.. she had such sweet eyes that fill me with comfort and love.. and..

I cleared my throat.

"I invited Kanroji on a picnic today. Hopefully she shows up.." I thought. I peeked into the picnic basket. Fresh handmade sakura mochi I made for her. Along with strawberry mochi and some ham sandwiches, and seaweed snacks. (I'm sorry I'm very unaware of Japanese culture, I didn't study it a lot in school. To get more things culturally right I might have to do some research. I'm not sure if I should apologize I'm just unsure what most Japanese people typically eat on picnics or just as snacks because when I looked it up it was mostly candy. Author out)

I stayed slumped against the tree until I heard squeels.
"Iguro - san! Iguro - saaaaaaan!" I looeked up to see her, my girl Mitsuri. Running to me with her pink and green braids swaying around her. Her eyes sparkled, she looked so cheerful like always. She tripped and yelped as she fell on top of me, we both leaned against the tree. I felt myself blushing, she looked very embarassed which made her look cute. "Ah! Sorry Iguro - san.. I was a bit clumsy! Ooh~ what are you writing, Iguro - san?" she asked with a big smile on her face. I set my book down and took off my mask, kissing her cheek. "No need to know, love. Here, I made you something." she looked excited, her eyes twinkled at me. "Wahh! Really!?" "Mhm, close your eyes." she immedietly closed them.

I took out the plate of Sakura Mochi, I took both of her hands and set the plate in them carefully. "Open."
She opened and immeditly looked down, she squeeled.
"Wahh! Iguro - san! You're so kind! Kya! You make me want to cry of happy tears! Iguro - san' Iguro - san! You're so kind!" she seemed emotinal and hugged me, smothering me in kisses. I could taste the strawberry lipgloss on her lips as the taste faded to mine. I licked my lips and smiled, which was hidden under my mask. She dug in, handing me a mochi. "Here, I don't want my future husband starving to death!" she said, I started to rapidly blush and just took a bite. I felt a breeze go by.

We contuined to talk for a bit until the beautiful blue sky filled with grey clouds. And then rain poured down, people started to run back into their homes to avoid getting wet. I heard Mitsuri yelp. "Ah! It's raining!? Oh noooooo!" she pouted. I was quite irratated by the rain.
"Here let's pack up, I'll take us to my place. Okay?"
"Oh, okay!" she turned happy again, her smile made me happy aswell.

We packed up and started to walk. Our feet splashed the puddles. I looked over to Mitsuri, she was trembling..
"It's so cold out.. how could I not realize she was freezing?" I thought. I forgot that I was wearing layers while Mitsuri was wearing a simple white laced tanktop and some pink short shorts. She was freezing. I stopped her. Our height different occurring. "Kanroji, one second." "E-Eh? Iguro - s-san?" her voice trembled aswell as her body. I took off my jacket and zipped it around her.

Mitsuri's POV

"Ohmagosh! Ohmagosh! I can't believe Iguro - san just did that! Wahhh, he's so romantic!~" I thought. I felt my cheeks glow red. My upper body immedietly warmed up. "Eh, but what about you Iguro? You're only wearing a T-shirt? What if you catch a cold!" I asked, worry filling my airheaded head. He shook his head from side to side, his black hair flopped around. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Iguro - san!" I saw his cheeks start to glow a red color, he looked away, nodding.

We walked home together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count:
705
Date:
04/09/23

Hi!! I just wanna say that school will be starting for me soon, I'll have to work on homework and studying. School itself is very stressful and hard for me and I struggle a lot, so I might not update as much. But I'll try too!! I should make more Obanai x Mitsuri stories since it's such a cute and healthy ship, and it's canon!

I'm sorry that I make some chapters really short, it's just I usually come up with more ideas at night and want to write and finish before I forget. But I usually end up tired so I cut it short. With school starting soon, I might wanna make a schedule to write. Like I could update every mondays or wednesdays or on the weekends?? I'll think about it. I usually just make chapters when I feel like it or when I'm bored, or just to update so people don't worry or anything.

This is a bit long, I just do wanna apologize for cutting chapters so short and leaving them lazily unfinished. If anyone that is more professional and has been writing for longer wants to give me advice, that'd be appreciated!! Thanks for reading this chapter, next chapter I was thinking of Zenitsu x Nezuko or Tanjiro x Kanao.