.. ⚘ Aquarium Date ⚘ .. T x K

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Modern AU
Tanjiro x Kanao
Crushes to Lovers
Fluff
——————————
Kanao's POV

Today was the day, I was going to have a date with Tanjiro.
Tanjiro Kamado, the kindest boy in school, a peculier boy. His parents, they own a bakery. He helps out, and so does his younger sister Nezuko. I've talked with his sister, she's a kind girl, about 2 years younger then me. I talked to her about Tanjiro, she said he was a kind and hard working boy. Tanjiro and I, we've always been nice to eachother. Done small acts of kindess, sharing pens, protecting eachother from bullies, sitting next to eachother at lunch when there was no empty tables. Soon..I started to get red around him, would slightly tremble around him, and would become more affectionate. I told my older sister, Kanae about this, and she said I was inlove.
She said that when people were inlove..they would take eachother out on dates. So I asked him to the aquarium, he said yes..

I was suprised. I'm not sure if I'm popular or not, if I'm said to he kind or weird, if I'm liked or disliked by my school. I'm a bit quiet, and shy.. to say the least. But Tanjiro, he never treated me different or showed any signs of disgust or uncomfort around me. He welcomed me to people, he's..so kind.

I felt my cheeks turn a bit red, I gulped.

I picked up a pink laced shirt, "Does he like the color pink on me? He complimented my pink sweater one time.." I started to sweat and set it down, I'd wear it. I picked up a white skirt, it when down to my knee caps. "Does he prefer shorter skirts? Or long ones? This one, it's in the middle so it doesn't seem that bad." My thoughts wandered my head like an empty room, a very empty room..

I got dressed, my pink laced shirt and white skirt were slipped onto my body. I tucked a white sweater over me. Tanjiro said he would pick me up at 2:00, the time..what was the time now?

I picked up my phone, "1:45." My hands shook a little, Tanjiro, he made my heart flutter..this feeling is so new, so strange to me. It almost makes me want to cry.
Is it always like this? Does love make all girls feel like this? Does it? Am I different, does Tanjiro feel this way? Did my sisters ever feel this way? Love, it feels sweet, like a gentle mother kissing my forhead, healing my heart, and wiping my tears. But feels so strange, like I want to burst out crying.

Love is like alphabet soup, mixed up and confusing to read, but tasty.

My thoughts were interupted, my older sister, Shinobu, came in.
"Kanao, are you almost ready? Kamado - kun will he here soon."
I jumped a bit, the thought of him made my heart explode and my bones rattle.
"Y-Yes!"

I turned around, she smiled at me. She walked towards me and sat me on the bed, sitting down next to me. She had a loving and sweet smile, I loved my big sisters smile. So caring, sometimes scary, but mostly full of love and comfort. She slid a thread of hair behind my ear.
"Kanae and I, we knew you liked him. We're proud of you for being able to express your love by taking him on a date. You've feally grown, Kanao." A shiver went down my spine and I smiled. My sister, as threataning and scary she was, she was sweet and caring.

"Thank you, nee - san."
I smiled at her. My smile, I always wished it would be as beautiful as my big sisters.

She placed a kiss on my forhead(platonic). "Tanjiro should be here any minute, so you can wait on the porch." I nodded and got up, I made my way downstairs, then slid out the door. Standing on the porch, waiting for him. I was feeling quite nervous!
I hoped he liked my outfit.

After a minute or two, he pulled up in a small grey car. He rolled down the window, and smiled at me. I saw his eyes, they were warm and comforting. I loved his eyes, as much as I loved my my sisters smiles. "Kanao!" he said, a big cheerful smile. He waved and I heard a beep, he had unlocked his car for me..! Well..obviously.

I waved, my smile looked dumb.

I got into his car and sat down, buckling up. His hand moved, and I saw he picked something up. He lifted it for me to see,

"I know it's a rainy day, but I wanted to get you a milkshake! Is that okay?" he said, I smiled, my cheeks turned a pinkish color. I took it gently, and bowed my head a bit. Too nervous to speak.
He looked down to my outfit and smiled.
"Ah! Kanao! You look so adorable! Like a blossom, a sweet cherry blossom." I looked to him. "Eh?" I was getting flustered, I noticed the pink on his cheeks aswell. Was he also flustered? I hope so, I don't want to be sitting here looking so foolish and vurnerable.

"Kanao, I just want to say.." he paused for a second, his head was down. Was something wrong?
"Eh?"
"Thanks for inviting me to the aquarium, it was a kind offer and I'm happy we can go together! On this, eh.." he gulped a bit, pausing again. "Date." My ears tingled, I gulped down saliva. This was getting akward..

He started his car and we drove to the aquarium.

We had made it. He had paid tickets for both of us. While we were about to enter the area with the dolphins, he grabbed my hand, gently. I looked at him, but he seemed too red too look back at me. So I just looked forward. We walked into a very large room, everything was so blue, an aquamarine color covered everthing. Dolphins swam around, a trail of bubbles from behind. My eyes, they twinkled.

Our hands locked together, watching the dolphins. Tho other people were around us, I felt only he was there. This world, it was only for us.

I gulped, was it loud? My gulp must've been loud, because I saw Tanjiro look at me. He bent down a little, his face close to mine.
"Kanao? Are you alright?" he said, he was so close. My hands trembled. He backed away. "Sorry if I spooked you, I'm a bit nervous myself.. it's okay though, I'm sure, we'll have fun here!" he smiled at me, a gentle and warm smile. I nodded a bit, my smile shrinked a bit. "I'm sorry aswell, I've been a bit..quiet throughout the date, I've never been on a date.."
His eyes were full of comfort, love, a sweet passion.
"It's alright, I don't mind. I understand you're shy."

The moment was full of us talking and examining the dolphins. We wandered through the rooms, all tinted blue with ocean life everywhere.

We had seen everything, until we got to the tunnel. It was so empty, ocean life was everywhere, but no people in sight. He held my hand tighter, darker blue was tinted around the floors, the blue tint was stained into his iris. All I could do was stare. The sharks glided through the water, the fish swam around. Jellyfish.. it was stunning.
He held my hand tightly, then looked to me, I looked back.
"Tanjiro?"
"Kanao, "Being here with you at the aquarium, surrounded by the beauty of the ocean, makes my heart flutter."
(That was written by my snapchat Ai)
Blush crept onto my cheeks, and my heart fluttered. He smiled at me.

"Thank you, for being here with me, Tanjiro."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count:
1318

Date:
14/08/23

I hope this was romantic, or cute! I apologize for spelling mistakes or anything, I really do apologize.
Did you like this chapter?

Sorry if I got the personalites wrong.
I hope this story gets viewed! So far, it has no views :(

It's okay though'! I'll work hard to make many chapters and get many views. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I love aquarium dates! I might write an aquarium date one - shot for Giyu x Shinobu. I headcanon Shinobu loves sharks and oceanlife, so it'd be perfect!