.. ⚘ Sweet Treats ⚘ .. A x I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aoi x Inosuke
Friends to lovers
Academy AU
Fluff
________________
3rd person POV •.

Aoi Kanzaki, 2nd year student at Kimetsu Academy.
She couldn't believe she had gotten herself into this situation..

FlashBack

"I'm hungry." She turned her head to the boy, "What am I supposed to do about that?" "Give me food or something, I'm starving!" he started to get louder. She rolled her blue eyes, and crossed her arms. He scratched the side of his face. Inosuke Hashibara, a fellow student. They had been friends for quite some time now, she didn't understand why. He was..strange. Always barefoot, shirt always unbuttoned, and was always yelling and breaking the rules.
But she saw some kind of kindess and gentleness in him, she she agreed to being his friend.

She had found out he was always hungry, always demanding food from people. Eating everything he could get, even if it was from another persons plate.
"And why would I give you food? Didn't you eat lunch?"
He paused for a moment. "The math teacher gave me detention and I didn't get lunch, now give me something! I'll starve to death if I don't get something to eat!" she sighed, she had some sort of pity for him.
"I can take you to my diner, I'll bake you something. I don't have anything on me at the moment. Okay?" she said, his eyes lit up and he nodded. "TAKE ME!" he yelled, in an excited tone.

End of Flashback •.

"Hey, Aoba, are we almost at your
parents diner?"
she rolled her eyes as they walked. His bare feet sticking to the hot side walk, her shoes clicked the stone. "No, we've only just left school!" she replied to his question, he sighed and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "So..what are we gonna make?" "We can bake some cupcakes, I have all the ingredients for those." he licked his lips, imagining the soft and sweet cupcakes touching his lips. She saw him do this, and she giggled. "Don't get to excited, we haven't even started making them!" she said, he smiled at her. But quickly hid it, he didn't want to admit it, but he found her giggle cute. Though he would never ever admit that.

After a few blocks, they made it down to the Kanzaki Diner.

"My parents are here today, infact, this place is closed right now. But I don't mind making a treat for you!" she said, he raised his brow. She seemed much more enthusiastic now. He followed her inside. She slid on an aprun, and some gloves. He put on an aprun, but refused to put on gloves.

(I don't actually know how to bake.. so these parts might not make sense)

"Now, give me the big bowl over there." he nodded and grabbed quite a large bowl, handing it to her. She poured flower and sugar in, he grabbed a brick of butter and carelessly tossed it in. "Hey...don't get too messy!" she scolded he rolled his eyes, but then nodded understandly. She stuffed some other ingredients in, and then looked at the impatient boy next to her. She stared at him for a minute or two, and then grabbed a wooden spoon. She tossed it to him, which grabbed his attention as he grabbed it. "Hey? What was that for!?" "I can help you stir." she said, he raised his eyebrow and looked at the bowl of cupcake ingredients.

He shyly took a step forward, placing the bottom of the spoon into the bowl, she stood behind him and grabbed his wrist, helping him stir.

"Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with the spoon, mix slowly!" she directed him. While she was holding his wrist from behind, laying some of her body weight on him, he couldn't help but feel his cheeks become red. "Are you alright?" "Y-Yeah.."
She contuined to help him stir as it turned into batter, as they mixed, her cheeks heated up. Her cheeks were a rosy red as she backed again. Gulping.
"U-Uhm, it looks good! Now we just have to bake it!" she grabbed the bowl and took the spoon, pouring the batter into the baking pan.

"Aoba,"
"Hm?" she turned to face him.
"Uh.." he couldn't seem to get his words out, he bit his bottom lip.
"Thanks for making me stuff,"
"Oh?" he had never thanked her for anything before. She smiled sweetly at him.
"It's not a problem, no need for thanks."

She stuffed the baking pan into the oven and heated it up. She turned to Inosuke.

"The cupcakes will be ready in 20 minutes." "Kay, so what do we do now? I'm hungry!" He said, she rolled her eyes. The romantic moment faded away as Inosuke returned to his loud and crazy personality. She took her aprun off. "I'll get you a snack, want a sandwich?" "Yeah! Gimme!" she looked annoyed, but actually thought he was cute. Like a little kid!
She hid her face as she wanted to giggle. But she refrained.

They sat at some tables at the empty diner.
"Hashibara, take your feet off of the table!" she yelled, pushing his feet off of the table. He grumbled. "Why!? It's not a big deal!" she rolled her eyes.
"It's gross! Other people eat here!" he picked his nose with his pinky. Suddeniy, the timer for the oven went off. Aoi and Inosuke both perked up. She got up and wanted to the oven, Inosuke followed her like a baby duckeling.

She took out the freshly baked cupcakes. Taking them out one by one.

"Finally! Gimme!" he tried to grab one of the cupcakes, it slightly burned him. "Ah! Ah! Hot!" "You okay?" she looked at the burn on his finger, she lifted his hand, gently placing a kiss on the tip of his finger. "There.." she said, her cheeks were red. She looked away, unable to look at him. "Why'd I do that.. shit, that was so embarassing!" she held her face in her palms.
He was a bit confused, staring at his burnt finger,
it turned warm, her lips were soft on his injury. He smiled slightly but covered it with an annoyed look.
"Let's wait for the cupcakes to cool, then we'll frost them.." she said. He nodded, "I'm so hungryyyyyyyy!" his thoughts ran through his head as his stomach growled and growled.

Once the cupcakes cooled off, she grabbed a piping bag full of baby blue frosting. Squirting the sugary frosting onto the baked batter. He observed her doing this, mouth watering. When all of the cupcakes were iced, she sprinkled chocolate sprinkles on all of them. Then gave one to him. "Eat up, it's full of love." "Huh? What the hell does that mean?" he said, taking a big bite out of one. "Well..uh.." she paused and played with her fingers. "I took time out of my day to make these, and these were home - made.. I could've just bought you a snack, but I decided to bake you some treats..!" she said. She realized how narcacistic she sounded and slapped her face.
His cheeks turned a pinkish color as he looked away. "Oh, well if that's the case, thanks." She looked up to him and smiled.

"Goodbye Hashira, come by if you get hungry again!" she waved as he ran back home. Before she closed the door, she heard his voice. "Hey!" it rang through her ears. She turned around.

"Thanks Aoi!"
He waved and ran off. Leaving her flustered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count:
1263

Date:

15/08/23

This one was a bit cringy, so sorry if you guys cringed a lot throughout this. This idea was inspired by those tiktoks of coquette girls baking cakes for their rude and sexist boyfriends that complain about how bad it tastes while the girl plays coquette aesthetic music in the background.

I got a big tired at one point and became a bit lazy at the end, I hope none of you noticed. Leave suggestions if you want.