Trusted Friends | Part 2

Gunwook and Yujin were in the same school. Although a couple years older, Gunwook would always make sure to say hi if he saw yujin in the hallway.

When school ended, yujin was literally begging his parents to let him go on a vacation. But his parents were too busy with work to take him.

"Pleaseeee mommm. School was so boring this year! A trip would be like a reward for enduring all those lectures." yujin pleaded.

"Yujin we can't take you. We have work" His mom said not convinced.

"What if i go with a super trusty friend?"

This was his last chance to go to LA. If his mom didn't let me go he would rot in his room forever.

"A friend huh...?" his mom questioned "That boy..Gunwook? I know his mom maybe, just maybe yujin. I'll have to ask his mom."

Yujin jumped into his moms arms. He was squeezing the life out of her.

"Child I said maybe go sit down."

Gunwook was home alone with his mom. His dad was at a meeting so he and his mom had hotpot at home. Gunwook mom excused herself from the table as her phone rang.

Nothing unusual about that so gunwook kept eating. He didn't have any plans for the break expect for studying and maybe hang out with friends.

"Gunwook darling? You know yujin right? I think he's a couple years younger than you but he's around your age."

"Yeah?" Gunwook questioned. His mom never asked about people in his school so he felt uneasy.

"His mom called me. We work together and she was wondering if you'd like to go on a trip with yujin. Apparently he'd been "dying" to go but his parents are too busy."

Gunwook stopped chewing. Yujin? A trip? This was definitely unexpected. It wasn't like he didn't like yujin. He knew he was a sweet boy but they weren't really friends. Just acquaintances.

"She said she would be okay if you went with yujin. Im alright if you want to go. Plus i think it's good to get out of the house and make new friends. I trust you." she finished.

"A trip? I mean i guess." he hesitantly said.

"Great! Go pack your bags! It's a 2 week vacation to L.A.! Ohh i'm so excited that me and your father are getting alone time! I need to call him!" She said running off.

Gunwook was disgusted at the thought of that. But he still went upstairs to pack a suitcase for a trip with yujin. What had he gotten himself into? Gunwook was literally still processing the information when he got a text from yujin.

Yujin
GUNWOOK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GOUNG TO LA WITH MEEEE. IF YOU DIDNT ID PROBABLY DIE IN MY ROOM OF BOREDOM. I KNOW ITS SUDDEN BUT WE WILL PICK YOU UP TOMORROW OKAY? MY MOM REALLY LIKES YOU SOOOO. SORRU FOR DRAGGING YOU WITH ME BUT LETS GET CLOSER AND GAVE FUN!

jesus christ this boy was so excited. I mean could you blame him though? A teen age boy going to a foreign country without real supervision.

Gunwook
I'm excited and nervous yujin 😭. Even thought this trip was pretty sudden let's have fun !!

Gunwook caught himself smiling as he press send.

The next day

Both of their moms said goodbye after filing out all the paperwork for the two boys. They rushed to their gate as they were late because someone (yujin) forgot his passport halfway there.

Both boys were sweating as they barely made it on the plane. This would only be the start of their adventure.

The plane from China to LA had landed. Ricky and Zhanghao said their good byes to each other as they headed separate ways. Zhanghao found this Airbnb that he'd be sharing with 6 other guys. It was much cheaper than staying in a hotel.

Zhanghao knocked at the door. He stood their for a few minutes.

Nothing.

His face scrunched up, confused. He knocked again only for the door to open this time.

"YAH I TOLD YOU I HEARD SOMEONE AT THE DOOR STUPID."  A tall korean boy said looking at someone else in the house.

Zhanghao felt the energy being sucked out of him. The flight was so long and he needed to crash.

The brunette turned back to zhanghao. "Sorry about that. Can I help you?"

"Ah i'm also here for the renting."

"OH MY GOD!" The korean boy said
"COME IN"

Zhanghao was ushered in as the boy at the door took his bags. when he walked in, all eyes were on him.

"Hey it's nice to meet you! I'm taerae! Your the last renter right?"

"Yeah, Im zhanghao" he reached out his hand

Taerae took his hand and introduced everyone. "Don't worry we all got to know each other today. That's matthew! He's from Canada apparently."

Zhanghao looked over to the boy taerae was pointing at. His smile was very bright.

"That's gunwook and yujin!" Taerae continued.

"You guys look so young.." Zhanghao said quietly.

"We are still in high school haha. I'm graduating but yujins a freshman! Actually we came here together!" Gunwook said

"Yeah but apart from those two we are all totally new to each other so don't worry." Taerae replied.

"That's gyuvin! You met him at the door."

Taerae quickly whispered to zhanghao "He's really loud though.."

"Zhanghao chuckled.

"And the oldest here! Kim jiwoong!"

Zhanghao smiled "Nice to meet you guys"

The boys showed zhanghao his room and left his luggage their. They decided on getting take out for dinner as none of them had intentions of cooking.

While waiting for the food arrived they engaged in a casual conversation.

"So why are you in LA zhanghao? Everyone here has a pretty unique story." Matthew asked.

Zhanghao felt his heart race.