The graduation exam

The academy's courtyard buzzed with excitement as students gathered on a crisp morning, donning their freshly pressed uniforms. Chikara and her friends stood amidst the crowd, their hearts pounding with a mix of anticipation and nerves. The day they had long prepared for had arrived—the graduation exam.

Instructor Iruka, a familiar face from their years at the academy, stood at the front, his voice carrying over the expectant whispers. "Today marks a significant step in your journey as ninja," he declared, his words echoing through the courtyard. "The graduation exam will test not only your skills but your ability to adapt, work together, and make crucial decisions under pressure."

Chikara exchanged glances with Naruto, and Shikamaru, each of them wearing their own expressions of determination. As the instructor continued to explain the details of the exam, Chikara's thoughts drifted to the path that had brought her here, to the friendships she had forged, and the challenges she had faced. The time had come to prove themselves as potential genin, and she was ready to face whatever trials awaited them.

The graduation exam was divided into three phases, each designed to test different aspects of a young ninja's abilities.

In the academy's classroom, the first phase began with a written test. Chikara, Naruto, and Shikamaru huddled over their scrolls, deep in thought. The questions ranged from history and tactics to basic jutsu knowledge. Chikara's diligent study paid off, and she confidently answered each question.

As the examiners collected the scrolls, the tension in the room mounted. Chikara glanced at her friends, who seemed equally confident, though Naruto's brow was furrowed in concentration.

With the written test completed, the students moved to the second phase—the survival test. Their goal was to reach the designated location in the Forest of Death, a place known for its perilous challenges. Chikara and her friends were paired with other classmates, including Sasuke, who had kept mostly to himself during their academy years.

Navigating the forest proved treacherous, with traps, wild creatures, and rival teams testing their mettle. Chikara relied on her training with Lee to overcome physical obstacles, while Shikamaru's strategic thinking guided their decisions.

The final phase arrived—a series of one-on-one battles. Chikara watched as her friends faced off against formidable opponents. Naruto's determination shone as he battled Sasuke even if he did loose.

Chikara's own battle awaited her, and she entered the arena with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Her opponent was skilled, but she drew on her training, her loyalty to her friends, and her unyielding determination.

Chikara's heart raced as her name was called for the one-on-one combat phase. She stepped into the designated arena, her gaze locked with her opponent, Ino Yamanaka. Ino had always been confident, with a talent for mind-altering jutsu, making her a formidable adversary though she was obsessed with Sasuke just as her sister was.

Ino smirked, her azure eyes gleaming with determination. "Prepare yourself, Chikara," she declared, her voice laced with competitive spirit. Their classmates, divided between supporters of the two girls, filled the stands. Sakura, standing with Ino's cheering section yelling about 'billboard brow' whoever that was. For a moment she looked conflicted but ultimately gave her sister an encouraging nod.

After making the sign of confrontation the battle began with a swift exchange of jutsu and taijutsu, Ino trying to outmaneuver Chikara, and Chikara defending with agility honed from years of training with Lee. The crowd watched in anticipation as the two young kunoichi clashed.

Chikara felt the pressure mounting, but she remembered the lessons she had learned and her unwavering loyalty to her friends. Drawing upon her own inner strength, she executed a clever maneuver, catching Ino off guard. With a quick series of hand seals, she unleashed a wind burst, leaving Ino momentarily stunned. This gave Chikara the opportunity to strike a kick to Ino's midsection.