Chapter 8

~~~Three days later~~~

James lay in bed on his stomach. Maybe if he just kept his eyes closed, he could pretend like it wasn’t a new day. It would be much better if it wasn’t, and he wouldn’t have to go back to the ninja.

It had been an entire week since he had been kicked out of the house, and if he wanted to keep up the facade that he wanted to be home and be a ninja he had to go back at some point today. Even though the ninja wouldn’t care or possibly not even notice that he was gone, it was a precaution.

He just stayed in the bed, laying in the same position for about 20 minutes, before he heard the bedroom door opening. James didn’t do anything, knowing that it was his girlfriend.

Addison walked over to the bed and laid on James’ back. “You should get up, love.”

James sighed, the pressure of Addison on him being comforting.. “I don’t really want to. Maybe if I don’t get up I won’t have to go back to the temple.”

Addison frowned. James had been getting more and more upset as the week had gone on. She worried about how being around the ninja affected him. It seemed to just get worse every time he came back. “Getting out of bed would be good for you. Maybe we could do something today. Jen and I dropped her brothers off for school. Maybe us three can take Jason or Logan and do something. Possibly lunch?”

“Maybe. I don’t know.” James said.

Addison sighed. “I understand that you don’t want to go back, which is why you should do something with us beforehand.”

“I suppose you’re right.”

“Of course I am. Now get up, or I’ll get Jen to help me drag you out of bed.”

James pursed his lips in thought at the threat. “Alright. Fine, I’ll get up.”

Addison got off of James and stood up. “Good. Go ahead and get dressed, and I’ll go see who wants to go out for lunch.”

James nodded as he got up. “Okay.” His girlfriend walked to the door and she opened it to leave. “Hey, Addison?”

“Yes James?”

“Thanks for caring about me.”

Addison smiled. “Of course. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

She left and James stood up to get dressed. He walked over to the closet and picked out a shirt from his suitcase. He tossed it on and got dressed with the rest of his clothes. He looked at himself in the mirror and examined himself. His hair was fully grown out and back to its natural curly red. He wasn’t sure how he felt about it. He had joined this group months ago, with shorter hair dyed jet black. He questioned why Addison didn’t say anything about it, and wondered what she did think about his natural hair. He’d have to ask later.

James looked tired, and he really was. It didn’t help that he didn’t want to go back to the temple with the ninja, he wanted to stay here at his real home. He had also grown a bit. Generally, he was the shorter of the ninja along with Lloyd, but maybe he had passed the green ninja. Not like he could measure, so he'd just have to use his best guess.

After taking a minute for himself, James put on shoes and left the room. He walked to the kitchen to see Jen, Jason, and Addison talking at one of the tables. Jason had an arm around Jen as the two girls talked. James approached them and took a seat next to his girlfriend. “Morning.”

Addison gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Glad you’re up and out. Jen and Jason said they’re up for heading out for lunch today.”

“So it’s basically a double date.” Jen said happily.