Chapter 5

~~~Two weeks later~~~

Jay sat up in his room, rubbing the tiredness from his eyes. He looked at the clock on his nightstand. It was eight in the morning. He didn't have to work or go anywhere today, so he could either sleep in or work on his own project.

He supposed he should visit Addison, but he crossed that off the list. She and Jen were having a girl's day. So he really had nothing to do. But he shouldn't stay in bed all day, as much as it seemed enjoyable.

But he didn't want to get yelled at for doing nothing. He stared at the door, he'd never had so much free time in a long while. Maybe he could clean his room, or maybe the attic. If nobody got mad at him for getting rid of stuff.

Jay guessed he should get food first. He got home super late the night before and hadn't eaten. Hopping out of bed, he tossed on some loose fitting jeans and a tank top. Maybe he'd just go and work out of boredom.

Opening the door to his room, he softly walked down the stairs and hallway to the kitchen. Maybe he'd make some eggs and bacon. Entering the kitchen, it was empty so he had it to himself.

He grabbed one stove top pan for the eggs, and an oven pan for the bacon. He then went to the fridge, grabbing the eggs and the bacon. This would be a nice breakfast.

Jay started on the food. After making some eggs, he ate those while waiting for the bacon. In contrast to the quiet house, footsteps came towards the kitchen. Cole got up at six, and Jay assumed he went early to look for Zane.

And Kai and Lloyd, knowing those two, were probably sleeping in, even though they usually got up at eight. Wu was gone for whatever reason this week, but checking in regularly to help ease the nerves of the others. Misako was on the bounty. And Nya was sleeping in for while today.

Jay looked at the entryway to see Tori walk into the kitchen. "Do I smell bacon?" She wondered.

Jay smiled. "Good morning Tori. Up early?" Tori had been sweet to him during the time she had been staying there.

"Eh, I usually got up early in the orphanage. So this is actually kinda late for me." Tori grinned back. She walked over to one of the cupboards holding the cups. Taking one, she got some ice and water from the fridge.

"That makes sense. And yeah, I'm making some if you'd like a strip or so when it's done." Jay offered.

"Thank tou." Tori thanked him. Jay looked at the younger. He had gotten lucky with being left at Ed and Edna's door, instead of left at an orphanage.

In a small way, he empathized with the girl. He often wondered how his life would be if he had been left at the step of an orphanage.

Tori looked at him through her cup. Taking it from her lips, she stared at Jay. She thought of her time here. The ninja team was more of an absolute mess than they looked from the outside. Jay was out usually from dawn till dusk. And the others didn't talk to him unless telling him not to do or take something.

"Do you want to go so something today? If you'refree." Tori asked.

Jay couched, almost choking on his eggs. "Are you sure? I'm not exactly the best person to hang out with. Besides, I dont think Kai or Lloyd would approve."

"I'm sure. And Kai and Lloyd will be fine. I've spent time with everyone here but you. So if you wanted to go to the park or something, I think it'd be fun." Tori smiled.