Chapter 14 : Loathe the Virtue

Since Pluto had been living in the Phantomhive manor most of the training had been left over to you. This was however unknown to the young earl, because he wouldn't have approved of you taking over Sebastians work. The demon wasn't particularly grateful that you trained the devil dog in his steed, but you didn't mind. As long as you could spend your time with an animal, you were glad. Regardless of it was in Sebastians favor or not. 

So as you spent the day training Pluto in the gardens, with Finny still in your line of vision, Ciel and Sebastian left for a strange assignment. Because Ciel was the Queens Guard Dog he would often get such cases. 

When the day had finally ended you said good night to Pluto (leaving him chained to the mansion, so that he wouldn't run away and cause problems for the villagers) and went inside with Finny. Not soon after, you and the young boy started baking the dessert. You let Finny help you since he was never allowed to bake or cook when Sebastian was around. Mostly because the demon was convinced that Finny was nothing more than a clumsy fool (which he sometimes was). 

As soon as you two had finished preparing the cake batter, you placed it into the oven. Not long after this Ciel and Sebastian returned to the manor. As the young earl entered through the door you took of his coat and put it away. Ciel seemed mildly annoyed and Sebastian, being the demon that he was, had a hidden smile slapped onto his face. You knew that he was enjoying his masters frustration.

Finny tugged at your shirt and as you looked at him he reminded you that the cake was ready. You nodded and left the room with him by your side. But the moment the cake left the oven you heard two people barge through the main entrance. 

Without wasting a second you and Finny checked to see who had been the cause of all that noise. The two people responsable were two indian men. One had purple hair while the other had white, a strange combination you had to admit. ... Who are they?... And what are they doing here?...

You and Finny stared at them as they proceeded to walk up the stairs. Ciel, more annoyed than before, walked toward them as he angrily questioned, "What do you two think that you're doing?" The purple haired man turned to look at the young earl as he stated, "We saved you, didn't we? In India we practice hospitality toward those that have helped us." 

As Ciel glared at them you heard him mumble, "Well we're not in India, now are we?" You chuckled a little, you could understand why Ciel being annoyed would make anyone crack a smile. Finny grabbed your hand and pulled you behind himself as he followed the two men into their room. As you entered the room (with Sebastian and Ciel behind you) the purple haired man proudly proclaimed, "You are in the presence of Prince Soma Asman Kadar! And this is Agni!" 

Agni humbly bowed and greeted you, unlike his master who stayed seated. Ciel didn't care for his status as he bluntly questioned, "And why exactly are you in England?" Soma smiled brightly as he showed you all a poorly drawn picture, "We're looking for someone! My nanny Meena was kidnapped when I was young, we have come to bring here back!" ... Even if he is rude I can't fault him for looking for someone he cares about... It's more than Sebastian's ever done...

Just as you thought this you felt the butler look down at you. You felt a little guilty for what you had thought as you started to blush in embarrassment. You hoped that you hadn't hurt his feelings but it was his own fault. No one was forcing him to read your thoughts. After Soma had finished giving his speech (and Ciel had stopped trying to get them to leave), everyone went to their room. 

When you and Finny were finally in bed, you silently wondered what Soma and Agni really wanted. To simply find someone couldn't be their only reason for coming. To you this motive was too pure for humans.