Chapter 3 : A Cruel Reality

The sun shone through the window and onto you, irritating you a little. But what really caused you to wake up was the absence of the kitten, which the night before had crawled into your bed. You kept your eyes closed as you lightly tapped the space around you.

As you slowly started to realize that it had probably left the room you turned over to lie on your stomach, in an attempt to resume sleeping.  

However, this option disappeared once you had heard hissing from behind the door to your bedroom. You groaned a little as you lifted yourself up and opened the door, revealing a distressed kitten which Adrian was trying to pet. 

You looked down sadly at the frightened kitten as you picked it up, letting it cower into your arms. A sigh left your lips as you, sounding somewhat condescending, told him, "Perhaps you should wait until he's gotten used to you, before you try petting him again."

The Demon wasn't very amused as he replied, "I suppose I'll have to take your word for it, but only because Yan seems to favor your presence."

... So you've named him?... I suppose Yan isn't that bad a name... Honestly I would've rather named him something more common... But Yan isn't that bad...

The sweet smile which you usually wore returned as you complimented, "That's a lovely name that you've chosen for him. I wouldn't have been able to do it just."
Adrian rolled his eyes, "Don't try to fool me, you merely tolerate the name." Your eyes widened a little as you questioned, "What are you talking about? I love the name, honestly!"

The Demon sighted before making a gesture with his hand, "Never mind it now. We should be leaving soon, though."
You looked up at him after putting Yan down beside you, "Why? Where are we going?"

Adrian grinned as he proceeded to explain, "To a village a few miles away from the one we visited yesterday." 

With an eyebrow raised you asked, "But why do we need to change the village? I suppose it'd be good for a change of pace but... that doesn't seem like a very wholesome reason." The Demon smirked a little as he admitted, "It's because it'll be more entertaining for me. We wouldn't want me to get bored, right?" 

While sighing you shook your head, "Please don't make me regret trusting you." 

Adrian gazed down at you as he, in a much more serious tone, said, "That is completely for you to decide, whether you regret it or not."

You looked up into his dark red eyes as you, possibly for the first time, realized the small shred of attraction that you may have felt for the Demon. In the Tractus you were sure that this feeling was just one a friend felt for the other. 

You shook your head, ignoring the feeling you had noticed, convincing yourself that it wan't the way it seemed. 

In an attempt to get your mind off of the subject you quickly chirped out, "Then lets go, I'm sure that this time I'll be able to help someone."

The Demon grinned slyly as he replied, "Yes, I'm sure that you will. After all, I've put in a lot of effort to find this village. And it's absolutely ripe with interesting people."

The way he had said this unnerved you slightly, but you chose to ignore it and simply follow him out of the cabin. As you walked through the woods, only a few feet behind the Demon, your mind started to wander.
You slowly started thinking of how you could prove that your theory was correct, or if you already had. 

... Perhaps Adrian has already proved my theory correct just by loving cats... He does genuinely seem to admire them... Which would prove that even he isn't completely evil... I highly doubt that he would accept that as proof though...