Chapter 2 : A Fun Little Game

"Then I suppose that we'll meet up later today?" you asked while still inspecting the symbol which was now on the inside of your hand.
The Demon looked down at you confused before he questioned, "What do you mean by that? Where do you plan on going?"

You looked up at the gates of heaven as you sighed loudly while admitting, "I plan on going back, to say goodbye and explain where we're going. Despite what Ash has done, I wouldn't want him to worry about me."
Adrian looked disappointed as he stated, "You tolerate too much from others. But it's your decision, not mine. So do as you please, I'll meet you here."

As you spread out your wings you smiled at Adrian while replying, "I'll be back soon. Mostly because I don't want to stay there any longer than I have to."
The Demon nodded once before walking towards hell, just as you turned around and jumped off of the ground, flying towards heaven. Once you had passed the heavenly gates you flew as high as you possibly could looking for Ash.

Only after passing a few of your fellow Angels, did you realize that they looked at you in shock. You hadn't realized it yet, but they had caught sight of the symbol on your hand. While dismissing their expressions, and hoping that you were just imagining it, you continued looking for Ash.
But as you got closer to heavens center, where most Angels were, you noticed what they had been looking at.

... Good god... I should've thought this through... But it's just a symbol, right?... I mean, what are the odds that anyone knows what it means?... 
Then it dawned on you how much you had screwed up by going into heaven without even attempting to hide the symbol. 

And because the faustian contract wasn't very subtle, it crossed your mind that you should perhaps leave before it got you into anymore trouble. 
Sadly, Ash had already seen you and was on his way flying over. You hid your hand behind your back, hoping that he hadn't already seen it. 

Once you were only a few feet apart you nervously greeted, "Hello, Ash. Could we talk in private? I really need to talk to you about something important."
The Angel was unamused as he glared at you and demanded, "Show me your hands, (Y/n), now." Reluctantly, you showed Ash your hands, of which one was visibly marked. You cursed at yourself for being so absent-minded to forget that it was there. 

Ash took your marked hand by the wrist, gripping it tightly, as he angrily questioned, "What have you done? You bobolyne!"
All Angels turned their attention from their duties to you as you hesitantly explained, "I'm going to prove to you all that humans can be pure, that they're worth saving. So my friend, a Demon, decided that it would make things far more interesting if we made a friendly wager. That's the only reason that the symbol is on my hand. Ash, you have to believe me when I tell you that I meant no harm by coming up here with this symbol so visible."

Ash gripped your wrist even tighter, which caused you to lightly yelp in pain. You looked into his eyes as the Angel coldly stated, "You're a liar, and a demon whore. Ignorant and stubborn, you have no place in heaven. And that is a certainty as long as you wear that symbol on your hand."
Your eyes widened as you took his hand and begged, "Please, Ash, don't make me one of the Fallen. All I want to do is prove that humans can be pure, that's my only intention. I beg only this of you, please."

The Angels that surrounded you looked at you with pity, knowing that Ash was clearly abusing his authority. But none spoke up in fear that they would get the same treatment if they did. 
You didn't dare look up as you timidly begged, "Please, Ash. I didn't mean to question your authority."
At this point, you would've said anything to avoid being turned into one of  the Fallen.

And despite that you believed that all should be treated with the same amount of respect, you couldn't even begin to imagine life as anything other than an Angel. All you wanted for yourself was that, to be and stay an Angel.