Chapter 6 : Oh Mother, I Have Sinned

You stared at the boy, slowly moving towards him, unable to think of something comforting to say. The boy, only now noticing your presence, looked up at you. And in doing this, he had revealed the dark spots which covered the area from his collarbone to his ear. 
Your hand covered your mouth, in an attempt to prevent sobbing in despair or vomiting in disgust. Your knees became weak, so weak that you became unsure of if you could even remain standing. 

You removed your hand from your mouth, smiling weakly at the boy, "Don't worry, I'll help you."
The boys eyes lightened up more and more as you continued, his little heart being filled with hope and trust again, "You'll see your family and friends again. All will be well. When they see you again they'll be overjoyed. They've been worried absolutely sick."

Once you were only a few feet away from they boy, you placed your hand on his shoulder, rubbing it gently. You cleaned a bit of the dirt off of his face, the sadness you felt was clear in your eyes, "Don't worry, you'll be at home soon. Safe and sound. I promise you."

The boy never spoke. You didn't know if it was out of fear or weakness that he refused to utter a word, but you didn't dare ask. 

You sat down next to the boy, carefully placing his head on your lap, too afraid to do anything else. You feared that if you moved him too much, that he'd die. In fact, you were afraid that he'd die at all. 
As you stroked his hair, you hummed a tune to calm the stressed boy. 

It felt like an eternity as you simply watched the boy breathe, unsure of what to do. You feared leaving him alone. You didn't know how much time had passed until you heard Adrian call out for you. 
Gently you placed the boy's head back onto the ground, assuring him that you'd be back in a few moments. You quickly ran over into the direction Adrians voice had called for you.

Once you reached him, it was to late. You were to distracted to realize that he had tricked you away from the boy. 
The boy screamed loudly and you ran back to him as fast as your feet could carry you, Adrian closely behind you. 

You stopped in your tracks. A man, astonishingly young, was holding a knife to the boys throat while grinning eagerly. "Please, put they knife down," you pleaded, "We can talk about this, can't we? You just leave him alone, we'll do anything you ask, just please... put the knife down... he's done nothing wrong."

Unbeknownst to you, the Demon and the man had exchanged looks right before the man had answered, "There is nothing you can offer, so there is nothing to talk about."
And with that, the man had slit the boys throat, letting his blood pour onto the ground beneath. 

"No!" you cried out as you ran over to the boy, violently pushing the man away, making him fly a few feet into a wall. You cradled the boy's head in your arms, as you looked at him filled with sadness and frustration and anger, "Oh please, don't die! Don't die!"

And in the blink of an eye, his soul had left his body, which turned limp in your arms. ... I promised him... I lied to him...
You turned to look at the man, eyes filled with hatred as you yelled, "And all because of you!" 

Tears had already formed in your eyes and had begun spilling down your cheeks. Adrian's eyes widened in shock, he had never seen you cry before, at least never like this. 

You looked down at the beaten, burnt, blood soaked child as your eyes started to sting more. Your hands started shaking when these tears escaped your eyes. Slowly you stood up, disregarding the corpse as your entire being was filled with one purpose, and one purpose only, to kill that vile man. Therefore you didn't hesitate to jump up off of the floor and run toward the man. As you ran you changed your form, turning into an Angel, and spreading out your white wings. The mans eyes widened in fear as you pushed him out of the window of the building. And As he fell you made sure that you continued pushing him down, increasing the speed he'd land on the ground with.