4 - Magical Instruction

It was chasing me. My feet took me to the edge of the cliff. Only a few feet across to the other side. I can make it. Just as I took a running start to leap, something caught the back of my shirt. I struggled, but heard voices calling my name...

"Lily! Lily! Please, wake up."

My eyes fluttered open to see a fear-stricken Deliah.

"Lily I need to get you out of here, the ceremony is beginning soon, and every tuhrewolf will be searched. Esiw will be back soon and we can't afford for you to be found here."

"What's going on? What ceremony?"

"Were you not listening yesterday? We explained how the master takes away half of our magic by having every one of us channel it into his stone. No time for more explanations, you don't have wings so we'll have to run on foot and that may take a while to reach your destination. I can't take you any further than the edge of the meadow we're in. When I can't take you any further, Esiw and I will explain how to get the the border. She'll meet us outside the flower hut."

She threw me a rusty-colored over-the-shoulder strapped bag. It was a little heavy.

"Inside is a pouch of water, tocirpa ekac, and if anyone finds you, I've been storing the tiniest bits of my own magic into a stone for years now, it should hold plenty enough to use for a helpful spell. Now repeat with me, 'ytilibisivni'."

"Deliah, I can't take your magic you've saved up for all these years! Wait, you can use this for a revolt right?"

"There's no time for this, please repeat the spell, but if you need it, don't worry about you being human. The stone has magical qualities, and can be activitated only by one of the Kloftcesni which I've already done for you. So any word spoken it will respond, like if you hold it in your hands while saying 'ytilibisivni'. Got it?"

I bit back trying to ask more questions. I knew this wasn't the right time. "Okay, ytilbisivni. Got it."

Deliah nodded her head and threw me a pale green dress. It looked a little big.

"This isn't your size, it's my own attire, it will be useful to help you blend in, but I'll tap into a small amount of magic from the stone to fit it to your size."

Tossing her the bag, she took out a purple, glossy looking stone, chanted a few words, the rock starting glowing, and then the dress in my hands began to shrink. Mouthful, I know, but I don't want to drag this on any longer than possible.

Having no shame I slipped my clothes off, shoved them in the stachel, and let the cottony, green fabric fall over my skin. I'm not used to wearing dresses, but this was comfortable.

"Ready yet? It's been too long."

"Yes, and no."

She gave me a puzzled look.

"Just, take me."

Deliah looked up at the flower-ceiling, so, I did too, and it opened up all the way revealing something that took my breath away. Surrounding the tuhrewolf, were at least thousands more in all directions, ranging in different shapes and sizes, shades of all colors of the rainbow. This was the largest meadow, with the largest patch of flowers I'd ever seen. At the horizon, the sun was peeking through the mist, most likely, it was dawn. It made sense why the ceremony would be around dawn, the fairies must have their powers rejuvinated after sleep like human's energy is.

Pink petals that were once the wall and ceiling, now cascaded down from the room, making a sort of ramp which I walked down. E came around from another flower hut a few feet away from Deliah's. Seeing her face comforted me somehow. She seemed wise and kind, like my late grandmother.