chapter eight

-oddinary world-

it's been days since chan asked me about the rings. i still have no idea where it is from. i just randomly told him it was from hyunjin.

should i just ask hyunjin if he gave it to me or not? but i would appear dumb if i do so. i think it's best for where the rings are from to remain unknown, but it bothers me.

what should i do..?

"lix, eat your lunch" minho snapped his fingers in front of my face and i shook my head, looking down to my food. "sorry"

"it's alright sweetie" the purple haired smiled. "you've been zoning out a lot lately, are you alright?" jisung asked, sitting down next to minho after he had just washed his plate. "i guess..? just some things, going on in my head lately.. it's weird. but i'm fine"

"are you?" hyunjin chimed in, walking into the kitchen. "you're extremely quiet these days" he continued as i was playing with the rings on my finger. "i.. i'm fine. i'm sure i'm fine"

"you can always ask me if you have any questions, you know?" minho said and i nodded. questions. i do have some.. but i don't even know any of the questions that have been bothering me a lot these days.

or is it just one? about the rings.

"i'll think about it.."

"you have duty tonight, try not to make yourself tired, sweetie" he got up, heading to the sink with his plate. he left with jisung and then hyunjin sat down on the stool across me. "want seconds?"

"i haven't even finished.."

"i do know the answer to your question" he grinned.

"yeah, yeah. probably be-"

hwang hyunjin gave you those rings. it's true.

"no way.. what?" i looked up at him.

"what?"

"i.. i just heard- nevermind, fuck" i sighed, covering my face and leaning on the table. "hyunjin, i do have a question"

"what is it, baby?" he said in a tone that could send shivers down my spine, and i looked up at him, and he was smirking. "where are these rings from?" i asked, taking my rings off and handed them to him. "how would i know? they're kinda lame though"

"you said you know the answer to my question!"

"haha! do i, really.." he chuckled, handing them back to me. "i'll be serious hyunjin, a voice told me they were from you" i said sternly, looking right into his eyes. his smile faded and chuckled a little before his whole face dropped.

"could it be from my clone? felix! you recieved some dangerous things from clones, right? the acid lollipop and poisonous candy! how do we know those rings are not dangerous?"

"then why did i recieve all of those.. from your clones?"

"by any chance, are you in love with me?" i could feel blood rushing to my cheeks turning my skin red, how did he say that so easily?! "if you are then.. clones know our weaknesses and use those to try and kill us. little temptations everywhere"

"b-but i don't think i like you that way-"

"how do i know you're not lying?" he smirked. "hyunjin!"

"whatever, how long have you had that?"

"ever since i came here.. wait what?"

i was already here since the beginning, right? why did i say that?

"came here from where?" he grinned again. "i.. don't know."

do i?

"try to recall" he chuckled and got up, leaving the kitchen. what does he mean by recall?

he's acting weird these days..

he was extremely nice to me.

no he was not.

he would give me gifts every week,

that's not hyunjin..

he even gave me his painting, and even painted me!

i don't think hyunjin had given me his painting, has he?

we went on several dates, he always paid for, even when i insisted on paying.

no, no we've never done that.

and after we became official, he gave me the rings!

no, wait- official? as in officially dating?

why is he so mean to me in this world..?

there's a me in another world?

what is going on..?

he's not the hyunjin i know.

the hyunjin i know is sweet, caring, lovely, and he loves me! i love him so much too. the hyunjin in this world is just evil! i wish he would just-

"stop talking!" i yelled, covering my ears. "are you alright, hyung?" jeongin entered, grabbing a plate to make lunch for himself. "who were you talking to?"

"it's weird, jeongin.. i don't even know what's going on"

"you should go talk to channie hyung, then. it could be something from the other world, your other self sending you signals.."

"clones can do that?"

"clones? no no. i didn't say clones"

"then what?"

"what?"

"if it's not clones then what is it?"

"what's what?"

"jeongin"

"hm?"

"tell me"

"tell you what?"

"come on! if it's not a clone what is it?!"

"did i say clone?"

"ugh, come on!" i groaned, getting up and putting my plate in the sink, storming out of the kitchen.

-

this was a whole felix having a mental crisis thing.
i hope it wouldn't be too confusing, i kinda got reminded of alice in wonderland as i was writing. i hate the cartoon sm it makes me rage because everyone was so mean to her.
also ayeeee it's been a while hasn't it?
there's a lot to do these days so i couldn't even really catch up on what i am writing. but i'll try to finish this book as soon as possible. ily muah 💋

- yoonie xx