chapter six

-oddinary world-

"did you eat anything?" chan asked as minho was cleaning my wound. "the clone did give me a candy."

we could confirm it was a clone, and he was trying to kill me.

"maybe it was the candy that made you fall asleep? you went outside because you couldn't sleep, right?" he asked and i nodded. "definitely it" he nodded, writing it down on his notebook.

"ah!" i hissed and jumped a bit as minho applied the antiseptic on my wound. "calm down sweetie, it's okay" he patted my hand.

"did you guys say anything important?" chan asked. "a lot, actually" "do you think you can remember?"

"he said i could be oddinary. and he would help me with it. also asked me about hyunjin in the other world"

"did you tell him anything?"

"i kinda lied to him.. cause i thought it was actually hyunjin"

"why would you lie to hyunjin?"

"i-it was an awkward conversation, okay" i sighed.

"anyway why did you think hyunjin would be on duty last night?" minho asked. "someone had to be on duty, right..? and i wanted to maybe help" i shrugged.

"we're not on duty on monday and thursday nights."

"right.. sorry"

"anyway did he tell you how you could be oddinary?" chan asked. "he only said it was dangerous" "it is dangerous, indeed" minho sighed. "how does it work?"

"well-"

"minho, if you're done with the wound, i'd like to speak with him privately" chan said and minho nodded, getting up and leaving the room. "i know you want to be oddinary, but trust me it's not worth it"

"but it feels like i don't belong with you guys.."

"it's okay, we're a team, we're like a family, you'll learn to belong, okay? don't ever talk about being oddinary or whatever related to that topic."

"why?"

"just don't."

-

while i was watching tv in the living room, i could not stop thinking about being oddinary. stray kids do make me feel like i belong but i feel bad i can't be as good as them.

they do accept me as i am, but i can't accept myself.

i wish i could at least just forget about the other world.

"lix, dinner's almost ready" jisung said as he walked in the living room. i looked over at him and he smiled. "are you feeling better?" he asked and i nodded. "minho hyung wanted to ask if you want some fried chicken"

"that'll be okay"

"are you okay? you're extremely quiet this evening" he said, walking up to the couch and sat next to me. "tell me what's wrong, baby"