06

ASHER

Ryan had been adamant about talking to me ever since the Delilah incident. It's possible he found some interesting information on her, but he seemed sad. I'm not sure what the cause is but he offered to come to my home in the evening. 

He's late.

I picked up the book I was reading and turned the pages idly. There was a slight knock on the door and I sighed. I walked to the door and opened it tiredly. It's annoying- I do no physical or mental activity and I still feel the need to sleep the rest of my life away. At this point I don't think exhaustion is related to exertion, it's just related to cancer.

Ryan Thomas, a.k.a. Prince Charming who got stuck with blood cancer, was here, and it was horrible to see just how idiotic I looked compared to him. His clear light brown skin, bright smile, smooth hair, and bright sunshine aura. Such a bastard.

He blinked at me through his blue eyes. "Aren't you gonna let me in?"

I rolled my eyes after I turned away, so he couldn't see. "Sure."

He sat on my bed as I slumped down on the beanbag. He didn't say anything for a long time, but when he did, oh, he did.

"When I was 11, my father, who was a chemist, got mad at me for disturbing him while he was doing an important experiment. He threw the bottle of something at me, which caused my hair to turn permanently blue. He didn't like it. Started giving me these weird chemicals to make it back to normal. It didn't, however, but I did get blood cancer. My brother, Oliver, got mad at him and threw some chemicals, in turn, at his face that caused severe burns and nearly killed him. Then the people my brother had been working for had some secret conversation and I was sent to juvy for trying to murder my father- even though I didn't do anything except cry in the corner. I met Jane there." He took a deep breath. "I fell for her." 

He put his head in his hands. "After the 5th month, they grabbed me from there and told me that I had to pretend I died. Everyone, even Oliver, thought that I was dead. The juvenile caught fire, I lost contact with all my friends. That is until I met Jane in Murphy's that day."

"Hang on. So, you're telling me that Jane freaking Allen was there at Murphy's to talk to you?"

"Yes. She told me that Oliver had caused the juvenile fire because he was mad at her for my apparent death. I'm not sure if that's true. I don't trust her. She said something about having to tell Oliver that I'm alive. I don't even know where he is, how am I gonna reach him?"

"How can you fall for someone you don't trust?"

He just smiled at me. I gave him a look. 

"So Mary?" I muttered.

He sighed again, the red blotches on his arms prominent in the light of the setting sun. "I'm only with her because I feel sorry for her."

"That's no reason."

"I know."

Suddenly, the bell rang. Ryan got up saying he'll see to it. I sat there. 

It was Art. He wasn't happy to see Ryan. Brother has had a secret crush on Ryan ever since he set eyes on him. This leads me to wonder what happened with Blaze today. Judging by his expression, nothing much. He was glaring at me, trying not to be obvious, which is what made it obvious. I just hoped my face was as emotionless as I felt.

"I'll be..." Ryan cleared his throat, grabbing our attention, "...going."

"You won't stay for dinner?" My brother blurted out before I could stop him. Is he being for real right now? We don't have enough to afford 3 people's worth of food, and he wants to entertain a blue-haired Prince Charming?

"No, Art. Sorry." He smiled his most appealing smile at my brother, who blushed pink, making me roll my eyes. 

"Leave already," I mumbled.

"Yeah, yeah." He clapped my brother on the shoulder and gave me a thumbs-up. "No talk about this conversation with anyone, Joy."

"Got it," I mumbled again. 

Ryan may or may not have crashed into my father on his way out, because Dad was mad at him for not even addressing him. Well, his life is messed up, Dad. I apologize from his side if you think he has the energy to greet people who care more about money than their kids.