𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

oh, i'm just a girl, lucky me

as soon as maeve made it home, she drove her car into the garage and made sure to check the mail. a few months before school started, she was applying for a few colleges and had to wait a while to see if she got accepted to any of them.

maeve really hoped she would get accepted at sarah lawrence college in new york, she always wanted to go to new york and see what it's like. but unfortunately there was a chance that her father wouldn't approve because he wanted maeve to attend tulsa university since it was much closer to home.

she looked in the mail to see a few envelopes, hoping one of them was hers. maeve quickly ran inside to scan through them. once she got inside, she shoved past her father to go to the living room.

then she sat on the couch and quickly scanned through them. a few seconds later she had an excited reaction because she had found an envelope with her name on it, she chose not to open it and decided to look at it at a later time.

"hello maeve. make anyone cry today?" mr. valance asked, grabbing the few other envelopes maeve brought along with her. "sadly no, but it's only four thirty" she said with a slightly dissapointed face. they sat down in peace, looking through books and magazines while they waited on cherry.

after about half an hour, cherry walked inside with a big smile on her face. "hi daddy" she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "hello sherri. may i ask why you're so smiley today?" mr. valance looked up at her. cherry then took a deep breath before speaking.

maeve immediately rolled her eyes, knowing what cherry was going to talk about. "now, don't get mad daddy, but there's this boy..." cherry began until she was interrupted by maeve. "who also happens to be a flaming imbecile" she smiled at cherry, who looked at her angrily.

"oh, a boy" mr. valance nodded slowly. "yes daddy, and we really wanna date. please let me date, please!" cherry begged. "you know the rules cherry," mr. valance said, earning eye rolls from the girls. "number one, no dating till you graduate and number two, no dating till you graduate" he said with a sarcastic smile.

"gosh cherry, why are you so into dating that thing?" maeve spoke. "where did you come from, planet loser?" cherry shook her head. "as opposed to planet look at me, look at me" maeve said, mocking cherry's voice.

"okay girls," mr. valance clapped his hands. "here's how we solve this one. old rule out. now this is the new rule, cherry can date.." he said rather slowly. cherry's frown turning to a big smile while maeve was in shock. "...when she does" he added, pointing at maeve. cherry's big smile turned into a frown once again.

"but daddy, she's basically a mutant. what if she never dates?" cherry asked desperately. "then i guess you'll never date. oh i really like that. and i'll get to sleep at night. oh the deep slumber of a father who's girls aren't getting impregnated" mr. valance said to cherry, smiling.

"it's not like one of us is going to get pregnant right now daddy. c'mon" cherry begged. "this morning i delivered a set of twins to a fifteen-year-old and you know what she said to me?" mr. valance asked. "i'm a crack whore who should have made my skeezy boyfriend wear a condom?" cherry sighed.

"close... but no. she said, i should have listened to my father" he said. "she did not!" cherry rolled her eyes, maeve quietly laughing at her sister's rage. "well that's what she would've said if she wasn't so doped up" he shrugged. the girls got up from the couch, maeve wanting to go to her room while cherry furiously walked after her.

"why can't you be a normal sister maeve?" cherry asked aggressively. "being preppy and such is normal, but i oppose to that so i'd rather not be like you" maeve smiled. "you suck!" cherry yelled. "you suck" maeve repeated, mocking cherry's voice.

the next day at school, ponyboy was at the library, waiting for cherry. last night, ponyboy had called cherry to tell her that he would tutor her at the library in the morning. cherry had completely forgotten all about it because she was too focused on bob.

ponyboy had a french textbook that two-bit stole from his french class, and while cherry was yet to arrive, he decided to take advantage of that time to learn at least a little bit of french so that he could sound like he was actually an expert.

in the middle of studying, ponyboy was startled by the voice of cherry, who didn't make him aware of her presence. "morning" cherry smiled, sitting next to ponyboy. "mornin" ponyboy nodded. "comment vas-tu?" she giggled. "uh.. yes" he mumbled to himself quietly.

"i was thinking, how 'bout we go to the dingo after school so that i can tutor you?" he asked. "are you asking me out on a date. that's so cute.." she smiled. "what's your name again?" she asked. "ponyboy" he answered.

"well horseboy," she began. "ponyboy" he corrected her quietly. "you see, my dad has a set of strict rules and one of his main rules is that i can't date until my older sister maeve does and well.. she is pretty difficult" she explained.

"there's lots of guys that really wouldn't mind going out with a difficult woman. i mean y'know, people jump out of airplanes and even ski off cliffs. it'd be like.. extreme dating" he said.

"good to know. maybe we could start looking for guys that would totally like maeve" she smiled. "yeah" he nodded. ponyboy now knew what he was going to do today, find a boyfriend for maeve so that he can date cherry.

hi pookies 😎

hi pookies 😎

sorry for not updating quickly, i got sick last week and i didn't start writing and i've been getting a bunch of homework (specifically chemistry) so i couldn't update

i was gonna consider writing during school but my school has bad service so i have to wait until i get home

anyways

stay gold 💋🫶

~ alma