𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬

i'm lost in admiration, could i need you this much?

it was the first day of school at will rogers high school and of course nobody in school was excited since they liked their summer break too much, but there was always a next summer.

ponyboy curtis was about to start his freshman year and luckily he had some friends who also attended the same school he did, although they were upper classmen. his friends, johnny cade and two-bit matthews were going to show him around the school since it was pretty big compared to the other schools he had gone to.

"mornin' pony, ready to look around?" two-bit asked with a grin. "i guess so" ponyboy shrugged.

"you should be glad it ain't dally who's gonna show ya around cause he sure don't know where he's going since he hasn't gone to school since his sophomore year" johnny spoke. "yeah" ponyboy nodded in agreement.

"what are you waiting for? let's start walkin' around before classes start" two-bit said, grabbing ponyboy's schedule from his hands. the three boys started walking through some sets of stairs, having to shove people out of their way to show ponyboy his classes before the bell would ring.

once they finally finished showing ponyboy around the school, they decided to go wait for their friend dallas winston who was in the counseling center near the office. he was supposed to get his schedule.

over at the counseling center, the counselor who for some reason was typing the most inappropriate things on her typewriter was suddenly interrupted by dallas winston. she didn't look up for a bit and kept on typing the most interesting paragraphs, until dallas decided to get her attention.

"miss ma'am, i was told to come here" he said with a flat tone, clearly annoyed. the counselor rolled her eyes and moved her typewriter to the side. "what do you want dallas winston? i was trying to finish a chapter of my book" she asked, crossing her arms.

"i need my schedule" he said, sitting down on a chair, resting his feet on the table. "get your feet off my chair boy. here you go," she said, handing him his schedule.

"also before you go and probably do something stupid, again. i just wanted to tell you that i saw your information on your folder a few days ago and it says that you got in a fight over some tire" she said, getting up from her chair, walking around her room. "well yeah 'cause the car ain't even mine. the hell was i supposed to do? cry myself to sleep over some tire?" he shrugged.

"my, my, my aren't you an optimist?" she raised her eyebrows. "you can go now. but do not do anything stupid, i really don't wanna see you in my office" she said. "finally man" he said, immediately walking out of the counseling center.

dallas looked to his right to see the guys waiting outside for him. "sup guys" he nodded. "hey dal, what took you so long?" johnny asked. "the counselor man, she was writing some dumb book while telling me about the fight i got with tim over the tires, man she's crazy, looking at my information" he scoffed.

"johnny wanna go to the restroom with me to skip? i ain't goin' to first period until the very end" dallas asked. "sure dal" johnny nodded. dallas and johnny walked away, leaving two-bit with ponyboy. "i guess it's just you and me pony" two-bit sighed while they walked to their first class, which was close.

while they walked while talking about high school at the same time, ponyboy saw the most beautiful redhead girl who was talking to a brunette girl next to her. two-bit looked at ponyboy weirdly then looked over at the redhead, who was talking about the most random things.

"i mean yeah, but see, there's a difference between like or love," the redhead began. "because i like my mary janes a lot but i love my pearl necklace" she continued. "good point" the brunette nodded.

"who's she?" ponyboy asked two-bit. "oh the redhead's cherry valance, the preppiest girl in this school. many guys in this school would do anything to get with her and the brunette's marcia she's okay" he shrugged. "cherry.." ponyboy said with a smile.

a bit later they were walking to a building where their classes were at and they noticed a girl, somewhat identical to cherry, ripping out the schools posters off the walls. "hey!" a girl yelled at her, quickly walking up to her. "what was that for?" she asked the girl, who carelessly walked away. "for fun" the girl said flatly.

"what's with her?" ponyboy asked two-bit. "oh that's maeve, cherry's older sister. she's the complete opposite of cherry, she's more rebellious and there's not a single guy i know who wants to date her. she also tends to argue with teachers, especially in her english class" two-bit answered with a shrug.

"well we should walk quicker to class before the bell rings, i ain't gettin' late on my first day of high school" ponyboy said as they began to pick up the pace a bit, making it to their first period before the bell rung.

hi pookies 😍

hi pookies 😍

so uh this is the first chapter and it took me like 2 hours to write this

what do you guys think 😎

i also apologize for not posting this much earlier, i was organizing my drawers bc i have a lot of pairs of pants in there and i had to see what fits and what doesn't 😭

i was also watching beauty and the beast and a bit of anastasia bc i was kinda bored and my phone also needed to charge

i've been getting motivated only bc i've been listening to music tehe

anyways

stay gold 💋🫶

~ alma