If Anything, Lucy Is Father

The remaining time we had to wait flew by, anger still lingered somewhere in my body with no reason or means to be there, maybe because of the situation or at myself. I dont really know, but it was there.

Phoebe and Lucy enthusiastically, if a bit pensively, told the story of Julien almost drowning - to which Julien hid behind her hair in embarrassment while still laughing along at times with the rest of us.

I could tell the three were treading carefully, picking glances and the exchanges of words with complete gentleness. Probably fearing I'd snap or break like some fragile thing, they wouldn't be wrong.

The doctor came in a few hours after my little outburst, checking over vitals and pain levels and then giving me the appropriate amount of Oxycodone to alleviate at least some of the pain I'll no doubt experience through recovering.

All that was left now was to sign out, Phoebe had grabbed what little I had coming here while I got situatated, the other two hovering around me.

"I really don't see why this is necessary, I can walk perfectly fine." I huffed, the two just share a glance and roll their eyes and the doctor laughs amused, "Well unfortunately it is hostpital procedure for you to be wheeled out."

Phoebe looked up from putting my phone and wallet in to my bag, "Not to mention the fact every time you stand you're like bambi on ice."

"You're having trouble standing? This wasn't mentioned earlier. I'll get you some crutches to take with you to help you get your balance back."

"Fucking great, thanks Phoebe." I mumble.

"Heard that, and don't be so pissy about it dude. For the forseeable you're in my care, meaning what I say goes so your getting crutches and you're accepting that fact." Her tone was final and in any other situation I'd probably find the fact she was going complete mother on me funny.

"Yes fucking ma'am." I return, saluting mockingly. The doctor returns moments later with some crutches, "There we go. We ready champ?" Fucking champ, who's he calling champ. I just grumble and shuffle slightly.

"Let's just get this fucking thing over with."

"God, you love that word a lot today don't you." Phoebe laughs as she situates herself behind the wheel chair and starts the arduous and yet seemingly funny (going by the amused shine in her eyes) task of pushing me to the front desk and then out.

"Too fucking right I do." I reply in kind.

-

A little while later all the papers had been signed and we were making our way out of the hospital.

"Finally, can I walk on my own now or what?" I ask, taking in the fresh outdoor air.

"Nope. Car first then freedom." Phoebe replies popping the P, she rolled me over to a grey rental car.

"Jesus Phoebs, bossy much?" Lucy snorted, walking beside us. There was no bite to it, just a playful smoothness that came easy to them when with each other.

"That's what I'm saying, I feel mothered. Feels weird. Decidedly hate it." I frowned.

"Oh shut up, someone has to be the adult."

"Definitely not you. Nope." Julien shook her head, pointing a look at Phoebe and Lucy nodded in agreement.

"If anything, Lucy is father." I contribute to the bickering, causing Phoebe and Julien to burst out laughing.

"Lucy's as big a kid as we are, we're big children together." Phoebe said proudly.

"This is gonna be a long recovery me thinks." I sigh.