Chapter 3: Coffee

Yawning you take another drink of coffee and stretch. It was just before lunch and you felt relieved to be back at work. You'd caved and let Kid drive you into work, but you'd been adamant about finding your own ride home.

Going over the numbers again was going to require a break first, and you wanted to get out and stretch your legs. It was beautiful outside today, if not a little cold, but it was autumn, and Lvneel was an island that experienced all the seasons. None of them were extreme, however, which made it a nice place to live.

Putting on your coat you walk through the rows of cubicles, stopping briefly by an office. "Bon-chan," you say, causing the dark-haired man to look up from his work at you. "I'm going to step out for lunch, want me to bring anything back?"

"Non," he says after a moment's consideration. "Ivan-sama is bringing me something, but thank you Miss (Y/N) for asking."

You smile. "Of course, Bon-bon. Is Buggy fed and watered too?"

"I'm not a plant!" Buggy grumbles, his head popping up over the wall of a cubical.

"Some sort of exotic pet then?" You prompt and watch his face go red. "Buggy – do you need me to bring anything back?"

"... A flashy coffee."

"Coffee is not food."

"I had a burrito earlier, I don't need food. I need coffee." He grumbles disappearing back behind the cube wall.

"Aye, aye." You answer, with a wave of your hand.

Heading out of the office building you made your way over to the nearby café. It was late enough the lunch rush was over, and early enough that nothing baked that morning was going to be stale. Heading in you grab one of the bento boxes from the stand and walk up to order.

"Black coffee, and the lunch." You set the box up on the counter as the blonde behind the counter smiles. "How goes, Sanji?"

"Every day is improved when a beauty like you graces my shop, (Y/N)-chan." He says with that same easy smile. Sanji was happily married, and his flirting was always more like flowery complimenting. You'd met his husband a few times. A very stern man with mossy green hair and resting murder face.

Zoro was a good person though, and they were both adorable toward one another when they didn't think anyone was paying attention. They were friends with people who were friends with Kid and Killer, so you knew them well enough even if you didn't hang out much directly anymore.

You smile in return. "I bet. I'll need a decaf Flashy coffee when I leave, can I just pay for it now?"

"Of course," he says, punching in the complicated drink Buggy enjoyed. "Decaf today, huh? Did he do something bad?"

You laugh a little. "His head came up over the cubicle when I asked him what he needed. He usually only detaches like that when he's already stressed."

"Ah, alright. You're all set. I'll get that drink going once you're done, so don't feel rushed."

"Thank you, Sanji."

You sit down at one of the empty tables and dig into the meal. The best thing about Sanji was his cooking as far as you were concerned. It wasn't just that his food was delicious, but it was always exactly what you needed. The price was good too, especially for a place located in one of the busier parts of the city.

You nearly choked when you looked up just in time to catch Marco's gaze as he came into the café. He was in scrubs, his lab coat, and a jacket over that. He gives you a smile as he walks up to the counter.