A lonely cloud (childexreader)

author's note:
so uhm, ik this is just the second chapter but— I'm kinda writing this one for self comfort, just been feeling a bit negative about my over weight body figure recently, so- i suppose this one is childe x fem(fat) reader, NOT IN A RUDE WAY, just as comfort for anyone else feeling that way honestly. yea. 🥹🥹 (genuinely though, hope ur doing alright bb)
ps: i'm kinda changing the third person pov from now, bc it's a tad difficult and i keep writing it in first person by accident 😭😭
that's all, hope u enjoy 🫂🫶
___________
"Ah-! ...ow-"

"Y/n, I didn't even hit you that hard!"

"But I'm tireddd," I huffed out, laying down on the wet earth, trying to catch my breath.

Hello, my name is y/n l/n, I'm an adventurer— well, more or less. I like to think I'm qualified to be one, though I'm just an adventurer in training.

My coach/training partner, Lumine, looked down at me concerned, lending me a hand to stand back up.

How did such a famous hero end up being my trainer? Well, after her deeds spread far and wide across Liyue, I couldn't help but want to ask her for advice. So I sought her out, asking different people about her whereabouts, and finally managed to ask her. Of course, she more than happily obliged, stating that I seemed quite passionate about this.

But here we are, many months later, though me and Lumine grew closer together, I still haven't gotten quite close to reaching my goal.

"Y/n, the key to dodging attacks swiftly is to keep your knees loose— that way, you'll be able to move easier!" Lumine said gently and smiled assuringly, which comforted me more than I expected.

I smiled. "But Luuuumiiiiii~ my knees hurt after a while of that-" I fake whined, and Lumine simply let out an exasperated sigh and chuckled.

"You'll get the hang of it one day. I just know it." Lumine looked so confident in me.. why did she believe in me? Oh Archons, I have not the slightest idea. But what I do know is that it motivates me enough to keep me going at practice for hours at a time.

"Well.. since you believe in me, I guess I'll probably end up learning it. Maybe. Hopefully. Eventually-"

"NUH-UH, YOU MISSY SHUSH, WE ARE NOT. HAVING. THAT." She pouted and put a finger to my lips to shush me, to which I raised my hands in surrender.

When she backed off, I smiled mischievously and started again. "Oh, but I'm too unfit for this, how could I possi-" I was cut off by the traveler toppling me over as she pounced on me— we play wrestled like a bunch of toddlers for a while before settling down, laughing to ourselves.

Once we calmed down enough to speak, there was a small silence. The trees gently swayed with the wind, the wet dirt beneath me cold against my back. The clouds above floated around happily without a care in the world. The wind quietly whistled and whispered as it whisked by us, the sky now getting darker as it neared to evening.

How fast time passes, Lumine had only come to pick me up at 2 in the afternoon, and now it's nearly 5 pm.

"Hey Lumi?" I turned on my spot to face Lumine, who looked back curiously.

"Yeah, what's up n/n?"

"Do you.. do you really think I can become an adventurer? With my weight issues and all.. it's causing a lot of trouble for you, isn't it? Don't you feel, I dunno... sick of me?" I whispered the last part, not being able to trust myself enough not to cry as I brought such a huge shift to the atmosphere.