Chapter 5

In the heart of Konoha, the council meeting was in full swing. Tensions were high, and the room was filled with a cacophony of voices, each member representing a different faction of the village. The atmosphere was thick with frustration, anger, and desperation.

Among the attendees were the civilian representatives, the elder council, and the heads of various clans. Each group had its own perspective on the matter of Naruto's departure and what should be done about it.

The overweight civilians were particularly vocal, their demands resonating through the chamber like a broken record. Their shouts echoed with a desire to bring the Namikaze prodigy back to the village, to reclaim the strength and honor they believed he owed them.

Mebuki, Sakura's mother, chimed in with her own thoughts.

Mebuki: "Yes, we mustn't let the Namikaze lineage fade away. We must find a way to bring him back and ensure that he produces heirs. Perhaps he could even marry my daughter; he always seemed quite taken with her."

Tsunade struggled to maintain her composure, her fingers clenching the arms of her chair. Mebuki's words struck a nerve, dredging up memories of past mistakes and betrayals. She felt a heavy burden of guilt for failing to protect Naruto, for allowing him to suffer and be treated as an outcast in his own home.

However, amidst the chaos, some voices of reason and insight emerged. Shikaku Nara's sharp analysis cut through the din.

Shikaku: "You're being foolish and naive, Mebuki-san. Naruto's affections for your daughter were nothing more than a facade, a means to an end. He manipulated us all, using her as a tool to further his own agenda. There are very few genuine bonds he has in this village."

Hiashi Hyuga, his expression as impassive as ever, added his agreement.

Hiashi: "Nara-san is correct. The Uzumaki boy displayed a level of cunning that should not be underestimated. He's been playing us like pawns on a board, making use of our strengths and exploiting our weaknesses. It's as they say: look beneath the surface, and you'll find the truth."

Jiraiya, who had been a silent observer until now, leaned forward in his chair.

Jiraiya: "You're all right to be concerned, and I'll say this from personal experience: Naruto's intelligence and strategic thinking are truly extraordinary. He's always been resourceful, but the way he's managed to manipulate situations and people is unnerving. He's become a prodigy in a different sense, perhaps even surpassing Minato at his age. And because of our doubts and paranoia, he's been able to use our own minds against us."

Tsunade listened to the voices in the room, each opinion a reflection of the village's complex relationship with Naruto. The civilian representatives represented the fear and need for strength, while others recognized Naruto's intelligence and his mastery at playing the game of deception.

As the council meeting continued, Tsunade couldn't shake the weight of her own culpability. She understood that Naruto's departure was partially a result of her own failures as Hokage, as a protector, and as a guardian of the Uzumaki legacy. Naruto's actions were a direct response to the village's treatment of him, a reflection of the consequences of their actions.

The room was filled with tension and unease, as the council members grappled with the reality of Naruto's departure and the realization that they had been outwitted by a young shinobi they had underestimated for far too long.

Kanabi bridge

In the Land of Fire, Naruto walked along the Tenchi Bridge, his gaze fixed on the historic landmark that held memories of battles long past. The wind rustled through the trees, and the faint echoes of the past seemed to linger in the air. He couldn't help but reflect on the history of this place, where his father, Minato, had once battled against Stone Shinobi in a fierce showdown.