Chapter 1

Naruto, Sakura, and Yamato raced through the dimly lit hallways of Orochimaru's base, their breaths heavy with exertion after the explosion they had just witnessed. The memory of Naruto's furious transformation into his four-tailed form still lingered in their minds, a desperate attempt to defeat Orochimaru and save Sasuke.

      Sai's betrayal had cut deep, his actions leading them to this treacherous place. But Yamato, always a step ahead, had managed to implant a tracking seed on Sai, allowing them to follow him to this hidden lair.

     As they sprinted through the corridors, a faint glow drew Sakura's attention, halting her in her tracks. Naruto's urgent voice brought her back to the present.

Naruto: "Sakura, wait!"

     He knew what lay ahead, what shocking truth awaited them. Naruto caught up to her just in time to witness her rush toward the source of light, Sai held tightly by her grip. The smoke and debris began to clear, revealing a figure they hadn't expected.

???: "Sakura."

     The voice was soft, tinged with a mixture of familiarity and coldness. Sakura's fingers loosened their hold on Sai as her gaze locked onto the figure before her. A woman stood there, dressed in dark blue pants and a blue cloth that cascaded down her body, secured by a purple rope belt – the attire of Orochimaru's followers. Her outfit was complemented by a white long-sleeved shirt left open at the torso and black arm guards.

     Confusion etched on Sakura's face as she stared at the woman in disbelief.

Sakura: "Who are you?"

    The woman's cold gaze pierced through Sakura, the weight of unspoken history hanging between them.

???: "Still as annoying as ever, Sakura. Didn't think you'd forget your old teammate so easily."

     The revelation struck Sakura like a tidal wave, leaving her shocked and struggling to process what she was seeing.

Sakura: "S-Sasuke?"

    The woman – Sasuke – met Sakura's gaze, her expression unreadable, yet tinged with a trace of acknowledgment. Sakura's eyes scanned her, taking in the familiar traits with a hint of difference that set her apart.

Sakura: "That can't be true. This has to be a cruel joke"

     Naruto's voice cut through Sakura's turmoil, his tone carrying a newfound maturity that commanded attention rather than seeking it.

Naruto: "It isn't, Sakura."

     Naruto stepped forward, standing beside Sakura, his gaze locked on Sasuke. His face was a mask of resolve, a deep understanding of the situation evident in his eyes. But there was something else, something that caught Sakura off guard – he hadn't called her "Sakura-chan."

Naruto: "It's been a long time, hasn't it, Satsuki?"

     The name fell from his lips with an ease that spoke of familiarity, of a bond that had survived the test of time and circumstances. Sakura's confusion deepened as the name echoed in her ears.

Sakura: "Satsuki?"

     The word held a sense of disbelief, a name she had long buried in the recesses of her memory. And yet, Naruto's words and the look in Sasuke's eyes confirmed the truth.

    Satsuki's gaze flickered, her facade briefly cracked by surprise before regaining her composure. She spoke in a nonchalant tone, though curiosity simmered within her.

Satsuki: "So you figured out I was female. Since when?"

     Naruto's response was simple, rooted in a memory that neither time nor circumstances could erase.