Water and Ice (Chapter 9)

~NORMAL POV~

Lyon and Juvia were at the guild doors. Lyon had his arm lovingly wrapped around Juvia's shoulder. He continued on with his little announcement. "So, I'm happy to say that Juvia and I are officially dating!" Juvia simply looked down on the ground and gave her comrades fake smiled from time to time. Some people cheered for them, but Lucy murmured, "Eh? But why? When did Juvia fall for Lyon?". She worriedly looked over to Gray, who was facing away from the couple and clenching his fists angrily by the counter. He was seriously. PISSED.

Lyon added, "Okay, now for the bad news...I'm sorry, but Juvia has decided herself to quit your guild next week and join Lamia Scale." The crowd suddenly depicted a disappointed and upset aura. "EEEHHH???!!! But Juvia-chan, you can't leave Fairy Tail! We'll miss you too much!" Lyon reasoned, "That's why we gave you a whole week to say your goodbyes." Then he turned to Juvia and whispered in her ear, "I'll be back for you, Angel." Then he connected his lips to hers. Although Juvia didn't really like the thought of them being a couple, she still returned the kiss.

Finally, Gray had had enough. He abruptly stood up from the counter, fists still tightly clenched. Then he walked right past the couple, slightly pushing both of them away and breaking their kiss. Lyon remarked, irritated, "What's his problem?!". Juvia, on the other hand, followed Gray with her eyes, a regretful frown on her face. She murmured unconsciously, "G...Gray...sama...".

Lyon patted Juvia's head and waved goodbye. Juvia sadly sat down on the far end of the counter all by herself.

~LUCY'S POV~

I waited for Gray to come back as I sat on a table with Natsu in the gulid. My head rested on the palm of my hand as I stared off into space. "Lucy? What's wrong?" Natsu said. I faced him.

"Oh...I was just waiting for Gray to come back."

"Gray? Why?"

"About earlier...He seemed hurt when Lyon and Juvia announced that they were an official couple. Remember he walked right past them?"

"Yeah, I know..."

That's when Gray came back and cantered down to our table. He pulled out a chair from another table and sat on it. "Uh...Gray? Slow down. There's no fire."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Listen, Lucy, I need you to do me a favor."

I raised an eyebrow. "What favor?"

Gray took a deep breath. "I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend."

Lucy's face turned tomato red and she hit me on the head. "WHAT?! BAKA!!!"

You could practically see the aura of anger Natsu emanated. "What did you say, icehead?! No way you are doing that to my girlfriend!"

"Come on, please! Lucy, I just need you to pretend to be my girlfriend for a while! You don't even have to act as my girlfriend in front of anyone but Juvia and Lyon!"   "What if Juvia or Lyon asks me about me and Natsu?"   "Just say you broke up." 

Lucy questioned, "W-Why do you even need to have a pretend girlfriend in the first place?"

Gray sighed and said, embarrassed, "I want to make Juvia jealous."

Natsu and Lucy looked at each other. Then burst out in laughter! Natsu remarked, "Hahah! Gray...how desperate...haha...are you?!" Gray gave them the poker face until their laughter died down and they wiped away tears of joy. Lucy turned to Natsu. "Okay, okay...Natsu, can I pretend to be his girlfriend just until he wins Juvia back?" Natsu tapped his chin thoughtfully for a moment, then said, "Okay, whatever. Just don't try anything funny, Fullbuster! Or else I will completely forget about the plan and rip your head off!" Lucy comfortingly patted Natsu on the back and winked at Gray. "So, when do we start the performance, Gray?" Gray looked over to Juvia. He reached out a hand to Lucy and she took it and stood up beside him. "Right now."