Water and Ice (Chapter 2)

~GRAY'S POV~

I woke up as the bright rays of sunshine blasted through my curtains and stroke my face. I covered my face with a pillow. Then, memories of yesterday flooded my mind. My eyes widened and I looked over to the couch. The blanket Juvia had used lied there, all folded. Then I noticed my head wasn't throbbing anymore and I didn't feel sick. "Maybe...yesterday was just a dream?" Then I heard Juvia's voice in the kitchen. She was humming a joyful tune. "Nope, it was real." I changed my clothes and entered the kitchen. "Juvia?"

"Oh, good, Gray-sama is awake. Juvia made breakfast." She said cheerfully, gesturing to the table. There were hotdogs, corned beef, and sunny side up's.

"...Wow. Thanks, Juvia."

"You are welcome, Gray-sama. Come, let us eat." We both sat down and began munching on our breakfast. She really was a good cook.

"Delicious!" I exclaimed when I took a bite of the freshly-cooked hotdogs Juvia had prepared.

"Juvia is glad that Gray-sama liked her cooking."

"W-Wait...What time is it?"

"8AM."

I almost choked on my corned beef. "Crap! It's that late already?! We've got to get to the guild!" I started gobbling up my food like a pig.

"...Juvia is sorry...She should have woken Gray-sama up earlier."

"It doesn't matter! Come on, Juvia, let's go!" I said as I got up and grabbed her hand.

"Gray-sama!"

"What?"

"Gray-sama forgot his pants again."

"Crap!"

~ERZA'S POV~

"Hmm..." I said as I wondered where Gray and Juvia were. "Ne, Mira." I said from the stool that I sat on.

"Yes?"

"Do you know where Gray and Juvia are? I haven't seen them since yesterday."

"Huh. Well, now that you mention it, I haven't seen them around the guild either. What do you think they're doing?" She said, a mischievous smile curling on her lips.

"Mira, that's so naughty." She giggled playfully. "Can I have a glass of water?"

"Oh, sure, Erza. Here." She filled a glass to the brim with water and handed it to me. I drank it all in one gulp. Suddenly, the guild doors swung open, and Gray entered, together with Juvia. "Gray! Juvia! Where have you two been?" Gray and Juvia looked down on the ground as they approached me.

Gray said, "Uh, er...we...Juvia and I were...at my apartment..."

My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. "EH??!! What did you two do?!"

He immediately started to protest. "Erza, it's nothing like that!"

Juvia chimed in. "Juvia was only taking care of Gray-sama because he was sick yesterday."

I nodded. "...Alright...But I'm still a little suspicious, for your information..."

~GRAY'S POV~

 I sighed in relief as Erza walked away. I wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea. Juvia really was, just...taking care of me.

"Gray-sama?"

"Mm? What is it, Juvia?"

"Juvia has to go now."

"Where are you going?"

"Juvia needs to go with Lyon-kun..."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Lyon-kun told me that we would go to the park today...Gomen...Juvia wouldn't have gone with him but Lyon-kun insisted..."

"...Sure, whatever." I replied nonchalantly. But there was a pain in my chest when I heard that Juvia was kind of going on a date with Lyon. I watched as Juvia walked out of the guild with a sad look on my face. I shook my head. What's wrong with me?! Juvia can go on a date with Lyon anytime she wants!