Water and Ice (Chapter 3)

~JUVIA'S POV~

"So, Juvia, do you like the spaghetti?"

Juvia barely heard Lyon-kun speak. She was too busy thinking about Gray-sama. I simply played around with my spaghetti, taking a few noodles in my mouth once in a while. "...Eh? Oh...Yes, of course. Juvia likes the spaghetti very much. Thank you for taking me here, Lyon-kun."

"Are you okay, Juvia? You seem...uneasy."

"Juvia is fine, Lyon-kun. Really."

"...Well, okay. Come on, Juvia."

"Where are we going?"

"Oh, nowhere. We're just going to walk around town. You know, get to know each other some more." He said as both of us stood up. He placed some money on the table and we left the restaurant. We walked around town, just like he said. Juvia wanted to see Gray-sama and be with him so bad. Juvia wasn't even paying attention to where she was going. I realized that Lyon-kun had stopped on front of a flower cart.

"What's your favorite flower, Juvia?" He asked curiously.

"Juvia does not know yet. She rarely sees flowers because she always walks in the rain and she does not see the flowers' true beauty."

"Well, you're here now. And it's not raining. Isn't that a good sign?"

"...Juvia supposes." I looked over at the cart and found flowers of different breeds and colors. They looked so beautiful. But the one that caught Juvia's eye was the bouquet of pink roses. "Juvia likes the pink roses." I unconsciously took the bouquet and stared at it as I cradled it in my arms.

Lyon-kun smirked. "Okay then, Juvia." He turned to the vendor. "How much, sir?" He paid the price and wrote on the greeting card, 'To my precious Juvia. From, Lyon'. We continued walking away and I cradled the bouquet in my arms.

"Thank you again, Lyon-kun."

"Don't mention it, Juvia. So..." Lyon-kun inched closer and our eyes met. Juvia had a splash of red on her face. "...You're so beautiful, Juvia..." He moved his face closer to Juvia's. Now Juvia was really feeling uncomfortable. She quickly moved away and stammered, "G-Gomenasai, Lyon-kun...Juvia has to go..." Juvia left Lyon-lun. As she walked away, he said, "T-Today was fun, Juvia!" He lowered his voice. "Real fun." 

Juvia went back to her apartment and placed the bouquet of flowers on the table. Lyon-kun was about to kiss Juvia...But Juvia will not allow it! Juvia loves Gray-sama and no one else! Juvia thought as she sat on her bed. I wonder what Gray-sama is doing at this moment. Maybe Gray-sama is thinking about Juvia too.

~GRAY'S POV~

I rested my head on the palm of my hand. I was still thinking about Juvia, even though most of my comrades were outside, enjoying the afternoon sun. I didn't notice Erza sit beside me. "Hey, Gray."

"Oh. Hey, Erza."

"I just...noticed something about you."

"What?" I said curiously.

"You've changed. How you move and how you act around others. I don't know, as if...As if you're too distracted by something else..."

"..."

"Or is it a someone?"

"...S-So what if it might be..."

"If it might be? It is. I bet it's Juvia. It's Juvia isn't it?"

"It's just...She went on a date with Lyon today..."

"And this is getting you off?"

"...Yeah, kind of. Lyon always takes her from me when I'm..."

Erza raised her eyebrow. "When you're what? When you're almost ready to give her a straight-cut answer?"

"Yeah. That's when Lyon always butts in and interrupts so I can't talk with Juvia casually."

Erza pats my back. "Don't worry, Gray. Time will come. Soon, you'll have the chance to talk to her."

Yeah...I hope so. I wonder how Juvia is doing right now. Maybe she's thinking about me too.