Water and Ice (Chapter 4)

~GRAY'S POV~

"Gray-sama! Juvia has returned!" The next day, Juvia's sweet voice sounded behind me as I sat on one of the guild tables.

I smiled. "Juvia! You're back! Come, sit here."

Juvia obediently did so without removing the broad grin on her face. "Gray-sama, Juvia is sorry she was not able to come back to the guild yesterday."

"It's okay, Juvia. I'm just glad you're back."

Juvia blushed. A comfortable silence fell. Then, Lucy chimed in. "Ne, Gray, Juvia, the Fairy Ball is coming up! It's the day after tomorrow, right?"

I smiled brightly. "Oh, yeah! Boy, I almost forgot about the Fairy Ball."

Juvia remained silent. Lucy replied, "So, who are you even going to take, Gray?" She said in a detached tone while eyeing Juvia. It was a signal fo rme to go ask her to be my date. I turned pale and shook my head stubbornly. Then she mouthed, "If you don't ask her, I'll eat Erza's strawberry cake and tell her you were the one who ate it." She walked away. I got the message and sighed in defeat. I turned to Juvia. "J-Juvia?"

"Yes, Gray-sama?"

"W-Will...Uh, I mean...Er...Would you like to, um...Well, this is not how I wanted it to go?"

Juvia tilted her head a little. "Eh? If Gray-sama wants to say something to Juvia, he should not be shy. Go on."

I gulped and placed my hands on hers. Both of us had a tint of pink on our cheeks. "Juvia, will you be my date to the Fairy Ball?"

Juvia looked like she was about to explode. But amazingly, she didn't lose her cool and replied happily, "Sure, Gray-sama! Juvia is happy that you asked her!". I sighed in relief. Lucy, who was watching from across the room, winked and flashed me a thumbs-up. But to be honest, I really don't mind going to the ball with Juvia. She's a very kind and caring person. Juvia slightly bowed, then said, "Juvia must go now, Gray-sama. But she is not going on another date with Lyon-kun this time. Juvia just wants to spend time with the girls. Sayoonara, Gray-sama!" Then she waved goodbye and walked over to the counter. Soon enough, she had started a conversation with Mira.

I noticed Lucy sitting alone at the far end of the room. Since I had nothing to do, I sat down beside her. "Ne, Lucy. Just a while ago, you were excitedly playing matchmaker for me and Juvia. Now you look like you've just lost your keys again.

She sighed. "It's just....Natsu hasn't asked me to be his date yet."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. I can't believe that flame brain hasn't asked you to go out with him. Everyone knows you have big crushes on each other."

"Yeah, yeah. But I still don't understand him sometimes."

"Ah, don't worry about it, Lucy. I know that he'll walk up to you and ask you out someday." I said, gesturing to Natsu, who was sitting on one of the stools by the counter.

"Maybe you're right...Maybe, I just have to give him a little more time."

All of a sudden, Natsu walks up to us and asks if he could talk to Lucy for a while. I calmly agree and Natsu pulls Lucy away. Both of them stood there, hands enveloped in each other's.

~LUCY'S POV~

I looked at Natsu. He was holding both my hands. He looked so handsome. His pink, spiky hair looked so soft. I wanted to run my hand through it.  Finally, he spoke up. "Lucy, I know I've been avoiding you these past few days..."

"...And?"

"And I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I was just shy."

"Shy? Why would you be shy around me?"

"B-Because...I like you."

"Like...as a friend?"

"No...I...love you. And I wanted to ask if you would be my date for the Fairy Ball." I looked at him in shock. Then, my eyes softened, and I pressed my lips against his, my arms wrapped around his neck. He was shocked for a while, but let himself fall into the sensations and kissed back. He circled his arms around my waist. We pulled apart after a few seconds. I said sweetly, "Does that answer your question?" He chuckled softly and kissed me on the forehead. "So I guess I'll see you at the Fairy Ball, my Princess." I looked over to Gray, who was watching. He winked at me, and I smiled at him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey, this chapter might seem like GrayLu to some people but it's NOT! Gray and Lucy are just helping each other out. And sorry for not updating for a few days now. Stay sweet! ~Lily