Chapter 18

Walking into the apartment complex she walked to the elevator and clicked the button waiting for the doors to open she watched someone else walk up to her. "Are you new around here?" asked the women.

She was a redhead, taller than her, with green eyes and was smiling in her direction. She seemed to be around her late 20's or so.

"Yes, how'd you know?" Jade responded watching the woman "Gina mentioned her granddaughter moving in, never mentioned when, I'm your neighbour  Liana" she responded putting her hand out for a shake which she took giving a small shake.

"I'm Jade, nice to meet you" she spoke to which she nodded as the elevator doors opened to which the two women stepped in "by the way like your style" she mentioned as the doors closed.

"Thanks, I made it myself" Jade answered, to which she got a surprised look from Liana "Gina mentioned you liked to sew but you're really talented" to which a thanks was given in response.

As the two arrived at their designated floor they parted ways with a goodbye, Jade entered the apartment and was met with Tikki coming up with her tail wagging, reaching down Jade petting her head. She walked into the kitchen placing her bag down on the counter and grabbed a glass and filled it with water and took a sip.

Pulling her phone out of her pocket she saw a few texts from her mom, wishing her luck for her first day and asking to call when she got home.

Going into her phone app she pressed her mothers name letting the phone ring as she waited for an answer as she did this she got lunch ready for her hungry puppy.

The phone rung until the third ring was stopped mid way when the phone was answered and a 'hello' was passed through the line "hey mama, how are you?" Marinette started

"I'm good, I've missed you" she said with sadness in her voice, "I've missed you mama, how's the bakery?" she spoke.

Taking a seat on one of the kitchen bar stools as she waited for a response, "busy, really busy we've gotten huge some huge orders in the past couple of days we might need to hire some people to help out"

"I wish I could help" Jade said, "I know you would've if you were here, how's the new school Marinette?"

"It's interesting, I have to do this bird scene thing tomorrow that all new kids do but otherwise no homework yet and the kids seem nice" she spoke, "that's good, so who's the boy?" she asked.

Marinette stared at her phone "what boy? What are you talking about?" How had she known?

"You would have called earlier and she hesitated when answering so who captured my daughter's attention?" Sabine asked.

"He's in my class, he asked to hang out after school and asked me on a date when he dropped me off," she said. She had just met the guy and her mother already knew of his existence.

"I have to go but I want to hear more about this guy later," her mother spoke before the two exchanged goodbyes.

"Did you know about him too?" she looked at her puppy to which she got a little bark.