Chapter 8

Sunshine flew through the window waking Marinette up from her slumber, slowly looking towards the phone on her side table she grabbed it, and just as she did her alarm clock went off.

Well, at least she knew she didn't sleep in, placing the phone back down on the table she got up and stretched looking around it looked like a sunny day and the day for her showcase song.

If she did this right she could have everything she ever wanted. She got up and headed to the shower, turning up the hot water and looking at the outfit she had chosen for the day, it was a black dress.

It had two straps at the top that crossed over like an x. She planned to pair the dress with knee-length black boots and a necklace that had stars and a crescent moon in the middle.

She had planned to put on a light peach pink lipstick, with some eyeliner and mascara. For her hair, she had planned to curl it slightly and add in some dark blue extensions.

20 minutes later she stepped out of the shower dressed, grabbing her purse, she slipped in her phone. Before leaving the apartment, she would've had breakfast but her nerves were killing her.

If she ruined this chance her life might as well be over as there was no way she could go back to fashion

If she ruined this chance her life might as well be over as there was no way she could go back to fashion. That chance was long gone, music was all she had left. It was either this or becoming a baker like her parents.

Using her phone and mainly the GPS app she found her way to the school within 5 minutes till she had to be there.

Looking around she saw students everywhere rushing around getting things ready for the performance. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see a man with a coconut in his hand. "Excuse me, are you here for the showcase?" he asked.

"Yes, I am," Marinette said, her voice sounding a lot different from Marinette and that was exactly what she wanted.

"What's your name?" he asked looking down at a clipboard that had a list of names on it, "Mar- Jade, Jade West," she said quickly covering up her mistake.

Marinette Dupain Cheng was dead, it was Jade West, the man didn't notice her slip up and she was very thankful for that. She saw him put a tick next to her name.

"Nice to meet you Jade, my name's Erwin Sikowitz. I'll be your acting teacher if you make it into Hollywood Arts, anyone who will be performing, needs to be there" he pointed to the side of the stage.

Marinette gave a slight nod in his direction before walking to the stage, there she saw multiple people some with instruments and others in costume.

Soon enough the show began and people were called by the order of their last name, so Marinette had a while till she had to perform.

Soon she heard the names getting lower down the list she was supposed to be on soon, so she started warming up her voice and went over the lyrics in her head.