[32nd Chapter: Bittersweet.]

"Who...?" Kenta tilted his head to the side. As I trembled. No... it can't be... "I- sorry! Haha! I'm- gosh... sorry, I must be mistaking you for someone else... please- please forgive me..." I held onto my arms as I tried to scotch over to the door. "But- seeing as you're okay right now! I'll be... leaving-"."WAIT-" Kenta yelled out, reaching an arm out. His body curved to face me properly. He started to blush immensely as he realised what he had done, and started waving his arms in the air.

"NONO- IT'S FINE! I SHOULD BE THE ONE APOLOGISING!" He calmed down, before scratching the back of his head. "I'm glad you came to visit... Y/n-san... Wait- I'm sorry!" He kept waving his hands in the air in an apologetic manner. "I meant Seimei-san! Sorry..." He looked at his hands.

I chuckled at his behaviour, and just waved a hand in the air. "Nono, it's perfectly fine! Please... call me Y/n." I said immediately. It was pure silence for a while, till I looked over at the door, and back at him- who seemed visibly uncomfortable. He was fidgeting with his fingers intensely, as he kept eyeing my lower body and the floor.

"So... Y/n-San... Thank you for visiting me... I really do appreciate it..." I finally grew the courage and looked him in the eyes, those... all too familiar eyes... "Yeah...! Of course..." And so! the return of the awkward silence. A little too quiet...

"Uh-" Kenta clears his throat, looking away shyly. 'Cute...' I muttered in my head. "This may seem a bit of an odd request... but when I get out of the hospital... would- would you mind letting me hang around you...? At school... I mean." He blurts out. "Wha-".

"I understand if you say no... I just- since I lost... Takeo and Hotaka... They were pretty much my only friends... and I understand if-" He pauses, before clenching on the hospital blanket. Tears threatened to pour from his eyes. "If you don't... I- just... Don't want to be alone... sorry...."

Kenta's words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of his vulnerability. I could see the pain etched on his face, a reflection of the loneliness he had endured. My heart ached for him, understanding the depths of his loss.

Without hesitation, I reached out and gently rested my hand on top of his trembling one. "Kenta," I began softly, "you don't have to apologise. Losing friends is never easy, and it's okay to feel scared and alone." I gulped, and I gave him a reassuring squeeze on his hand. "I understand... the loss must be so devastating.... But never blame yourself for those events... got it?"

He looked up at me, eyes filled with hope mingled with uncertainty. At that moment, I made a silent promise to myself - to be there for him, to offer him solace amidst the chaos of life. "I would be honoured," I said sincerely, "to have you by my side." I give a sheepish smile.

He returns the smile. It's creepy... on how close it is to his...

~

From then on. When Kenta had left the hospital, and returned back to school. He stuck to me like glue. Where I went, He went. A weird sense of deja vu... I also tried asking Sakura about Tsukasa and his whereabouts, but she'd just give a simple shrug of her shoulders, and return back to whatever she was doing. The broadcasting room... felt so- empty... and since no Tsukasa, meant no new rumours... for now at least.

"Morning Y/n-san~!" Keiji beamed at me. The white haired male slid his bag over the head of the chair, before seating himself. He saw me intensely looking at the front row of the desks, and saw the swarm of students surrounding the previous sickly boy, Fujii Kenta. The current topic of the entire school.

"Poor guy..." Keiji remarks, as he brings out a juice box and starts to drink from it. "Have you noticed how popular he's gotten?". I looked away from Kenta and his newfound fanclub, and looked at the white-haired boy. My brow raises in curiosity. "How so?" I leaned over on my desk some more, to get comfortable.