4. The members & crew

An insistent ringtone rang, its annoying sharp tones piercing the stillness. Foggily you reached out to the other side of the bed, muting the phone call. The warm bright sunlight peeking through the curtains made your eyes teary before adjusting after blinking several times.

You woke up to 21 missed calls, 45 text messages and 5 snaps. You figured out seungcheol might've beseeched Eunhae for your phone number. You're amused for not getting up earlier when your phone rang 20 times, maybe you were just too tired.

Eunhae :
If I would've told you about him you would NEVER agree to this
I'm sorry for not letting you know before but it was for your own good, y/n
Imagine rejecting such a good offer because of your past ??

Seungcheol :
Istg I forgot you both had a past
When I met you I only remember jeonghan as my one of my teammates

Reading the messages from notification, you put your phone down beside your pillow, not having enough energy or mood to reply to any of them. Heaving out a long sigh as you thought of every possible outcome.

It won't be that bad, right?

The clock struck 7:42 am, if you don't get up now, you'll be late on your first day also for the trip. Laying in bed will not do you any good. When you move back to Korea from Paris you give yourself a good ted talk in case you meet jeonghan, you were deliberately sure of meeting him one day but you never expected it to be so soon which kind of makes you a bit anxious.

Frankly, from the moment you saw jeonghan yesterday you hadn't been having the slightest idea of how to act anymore. You're blank. Should you be friendly, act like a stranger, or a bitchy ex? You don't know anything anymore so the best way to handle this situation is to go with the flow.

Let him initiate the leftover conversation from scratch until then you're just his stylist.

————————————————————

As you approached the destined place, Lush green fields, dancing plants, the vast landscape, with tinkling of bells was the only thing you could admire and hear. It was soothing and calming. The people you were with were nice, half of them were sleeping while the other half were either talking or admiring the view. The bus came to a halt, everyone was busy getting down so you waited until the bus got empty.

"I thought you'd take a leave today?" Seungcheol ran in tiny steps towards you as soon as you stepped down from the van and stood aside from the rest of the crew.

"Leave on my first day?" You squint your eyes in a teasing manner. Of course, he didn't see that. It was visible in his face that he was guilty. You heaved out a long sigh, turning your heels, standing in front of him. You tilt your weight onto him by resting your palms on his broad shoulders.

"Cheol, I'm not mad or angry or disappointed." your smile was genuine. There was no valid reason for you to get upset with him if there was one - it has to be Eunhae. You do understand her part, you do yet there's a bit of discontent.

"I need to go." with a light hum he walked away with a lighter heart. He needed that - the assurance. from you.

The crew did a last few touches before the camera rolled, everyone aligned at their position, the script had been taken away, everything was perfectly set. The shoot for BOOMILY outing for the upcoming going seventeen episode was running smoothly.

The van you were in was a bit late, arriving on set you gotta know that they are already gone with the introduction part and now they are going to play some sort of strawberry game which is actually a competition but there's a twist.

They have to divide themselves in a team so that they are planning to play another strawberry game. So basically a competition to divide work among themselves, before that another game to divide teams? Huh?

"Strawberry, I love you. That's how we start." Hoshi perked in, changing sentences. The game was already a puzzle to you now seems like a never ending maze.

"Why are they making things complicated?" You voiced out your confusion, the lady sitting on the bench beside you laughed. She then explained everything from scratch, thanks to her you're not looking like a lost adult trying to understand marvel's endgame skipping every single part.

The game continued, many members were already out. Joshua, Seokmin and Vernon were in one group. Joshua looked lost, no, he was lost. You can understand and relate to him.

"Has he always been like this?" Somi, the lady sitting beside you, questioned with curiosity. You looked over at the direction she was pointing at. Seungcheol. You figured she might have known about you being his highschool mate.

"Always. He hates losing, his competitiveness used to be the talk of the whole campus." You chuckled remembering how seungcheol gets pouty when he's on the verge of losing and then there's jeongha- well, some other time.

"What about, han? How he used to be?" Someone asked a question from your right, settling herself in the empty seat. The question took you off guard, you blinked profusely. The blank stare visibly appeared on your face not because of the question, it's the nickname.

"You are Seungcheol's best friend so I thought maybe you were close with jeonghan. Sorry, are you not?" She instantly changed her question, trying to inquire more. It was making you uncomfortable yet you can't keep quiet, you had to say something.

"Uh..." Your words were interrupted when someone shoved a strawberry in your mouth without any warning. Your voice got muffled, unable to form any sentence.

"Isn't it sweet?" The person was none other than Jeonghan himself. To say you were surprised would be an understatement. Watching the attention you were receiving, the other two ladies got up and walked away.

"I somewhat remember you love strawberries" Placing his basket half full of strawberries on your lap, you couldn't have a chance to thank him or even think about what just happened, when another person came running.

"You love strawberries? Take mine." Not even letting you answer, dino placed his basket on top of jeonghan's. You on the other hand was still trying to swallow the strawberry you were forced to eat.

"Mine too." Seungkwan followed in their footsteps.

"Here." And ofc, seokmin too.

"Thank you but that's a lot. I can't eat that much alone." You said the obvious with a chortle, their gesture was cute.

"Y'all looked like a proud owner of a cat who is successful in training their cat." Your joke was lame but you made them laugh. Especially seokmin.

"guys, freshen up." The moment was disturbed by the voice of their makeup artist, the one who sat beside you. If you remember correctly her name is Minji. Yes, Minji.

"Especially you. Be more energetic." shaking jeonghan by his shoulders, she turned her heels with a fluttering smile. You didn't fail to notice that. They look so close, maybe, they are.

"No matter what she is always focused on, jeonghan hyung." Hoshi sighed, sitting down beside you. Gobbling the strawberries from the baskets you received.

"Don't spurt nonsense." Jeonghan hissed in annoyance. It wasn't the first time they were teasing him with Minji. You can't help glancing at her once more - she's beautiful. The beige knitted sweater she was pairing with torn straight light blue jeans was perfect. Her fit was basic, it was her beauty which makes her stand out.

"Oh come on, didn't you say she is also your type?" Seungkwan squinted his brows, mocking jeonghan's words he might've said in a cheesy way.

"Eyyy! I said maybe." with a smack on seungkwan's back, jeonghan walked away. Searching for her, to get his hair fixed. You eyes were on him, thankfully seungcheol wasn't there or else he would've known.

Whatever you were feeling was making you uneasy. You were over him, you are but why is there an unsettling emotion? you don't know.