2. Him?

"Which groups will you be working for?" Seungcheol inquired as soon as Dino left, it was just the two of you alone at the side of the hallway while Eunhae was still busy on the phone call with god knows whom.

He grinned like a Cheshire cat with building up curiosity, you shook your head heaving out a sigh. Something never changes - just like seungcheol and his inquisitive nature.

"Group, actually." You say

"The HR recommended that I should work as a stylist and in the creative department for just one group so that I won't be depleted of energy really quickly and it's more convenient for me." You calmly replied, he only nodded his head, looking as if he's thinking hard. You creased your forehead wondering what might be going on in his head.

"What do you think about working for my group?" He offered out of nowhere, taking you by surprise. You didn't see this coming. You studied his face for a few seconds awaiting it to be a joke, it wasn't one.

It takes you a few moments to comprehend and understand that he's being serious. Seungcheol patiently waited for you to respond as you gave it a thought or maybe two.

"I mean I haven't a clue about anything so I have to start from scratch anyways.'' Shrugging your shoulders, you tilt your head a bit to the left, realising the enormous amount of work you'll have to deal with.

It's true. You have to do your research on the group you'll be working with, having conversation with staff members about the whole process, how everything actually works - the content, their likes and dislikes,  literally everything.

" I'll talk to my manager. See you later. " Seungcheol flashed you a cheesy smile, moving closer he gently patted your head, walking away in the opposite direction. You can't help but feel dumbfounded as you stare at his disappearing figure from a distance.

An uneasy feeling creeped up inside your chest, triggering your anxiety. There was something wrong but what? you had no clue. It didn't feel right but at the same time, it did.

"Y/n, you okay?" You blinked away the instability in your eyes, turning your heels around and you focused on Eunhae.

"I called you a few times." You didn't even notice when she hung up the call and stood closer to you. A look of worry passed by her.

"Sorry. I zoned out for a bit there." You assured her with a smile, she didn't believe your words but decided to shrug it off instead of prying further. She held your hand taking you wherever, whereas, you followed without her like a child.

Ah! The cafeteria.

You almost forgot you were off on a lunch break. All you can hear was soft murmuring of a few people who were present, not as much as you thought. The atmosphere was rather calming, making you eventually forget about that anxious feeling.

Taking your desired food towards the table around the window, you both sat down, enjoying each other's company. It's been ages since you last talked to her like this, face to face, with a comforting environment. Nothing to worry about.

Time passed by, nearing the end of the lunch break, the conversation between you and Eunhae was going smoothly. She was giving you a brief explanation about the k-pop groups and the company.

"do you have any groups in mind?" She put forward with her elbows on the table balancing her hands and cupping her face. You swallowed the last bite, fixing your gaze on her.

"umm... no." You say.

"btw, seungcheol told me he's going to talk to his manager to get me in his group." adding the sentence, you reached out your hand to grab the water bottle.

"What?!" Eunhae raised her voice, eyes widened in worry and a hint of fear which you failed to notice. You flinched in your seat at her sudden outburst, pressing your back on the wall behind.

"Y/n, you can't join seventeen." She huffed out a breath causing you to frown. She restlessly pushed her hair out of her face.

"Why? Do they already have a stylist-"

"No, there's room for one but that's not the problem." She cut your sentence off, gritting through her teeth, not even letting you complete it. You were not able to grasp the situation you were in and couldn't make out the reason Eunhae looked so troubled out of the blue.

"Y/n, jeong-"

Someone called out your name, your eyes landed on the figure approaching your table. Eunhae bit her tongue.

You eyed her wanting her to justify her actions but nothing. She kept her head down, not daring to make eye contact with you. The uneasiness which was long gone creeped again, a cold shiver passed down your spine.

You knew there's something wrong with the way she behaved. Unfortunately, the time was not right. You had to follow the HR instead of confronting eunhae. You mentally noted to talk this out with her once you're free.

——————————————-

After having a discussion with his manager over lunch, seungcheol got to know that you were going to be recruited for this group, even if he wouldn't have been beseeched.

The break ended, walking back towards the practice room after skipping for an hour but throughout the way being conscious of something he's forgetting was disturbing his nerves, a very unpleasant feeling.

But once he entered the room with a jumbled emotion and jeonghan came into sight, his heart dropped. Cursing himself internally for letting this memory slip which caused you misery because of this person, who is his group member.

"Oh shit!"

shit indeed.

Seungcheol was about to run back to his manager to cancel your recruitment with a reasonable excuse or that's so he thought, regrettably he was late.

You appeared from the front door with HR.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." You bowed to his manager, he took out his hand for you to take, which you gladly did and gave it a shake.

"Seungcheol was a bit late. We have already decided to hire you for seventeen." He chortled, you glanced over at Seungcheol flashing him a smile, instantly frowning when you didn't recieved one. Except his face held the same expression like eunhae.

"Guys, this is y/n. Your new stylist and also, will be helping out with the seventeen crew." A loud cheer of greeting caused you to tear your eyes from seungcheol and focus on the boys standing in front of you.

You spot a known face, dino. He was giving you the biggest smile with a small wave, letting a soft giggle pass from your lips.

"As you already know seungcheol, I'll skip him." You gave in a nod and once again tried to hold seungcheol eyes but he kept on looking everywhere but you, this seemed familiar. Just what happened a while ago with Eunhae.
deja vu.

"Meet our second eldest - " The manager pointed his hand towards a certain someone in the back, your eyes trailing where he was beckoning and that's where your eyes met his.

There's ain't no way you can ever forget this man. Your blood ran cold, you stood there stupefied.

"yoon jeonghan."