'Focusing on specific things'

We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss. It isn't against the Law to be an idiot.- Shadowhunters, Cassandra Clare

Percy POV-

 I am not an idiot and I know Annabeth was avoiding me. I tried to talk to her a lot of time and she didn't seem to notice- or was ignoring me- or was trying to annoy me for no reason (which she would never do).

 I tried to concentrate on things that happended before Annabeth's brainwash. I knew getting a hold of a memory so foggy and delicate since I had myself banged up.

 I closed my eyes and drifted myself into the deep foggy memory.

 I was in trying hard to stand up. I have been thrown to the wall by the bank-sea whatsoever. Annabeth's words were very faint as if I was in the water. She looked like she was in pain. clutching her head and holding a long pointy...

 It was weird though. I have been thrown to the wall a lot of times and it never seemed to break me as much as it did right now. The pain right now was more close to the strain I felt after holding the sky than my body being hit by the wall once.

 Annabeth looked at me and I saw the bani-sheet coming towards me ready to hit me. I closed my eyes. But I knew that Annabeth got hit for me.

 Wait, then how did Annabeth and I got out of there alive? I was sure we both fainted since I do not remember anything else after Annabeth got hit.

 I got up and started going threw my bag and found the old drachma on the bottom. I headed to the bathroom. "Percy?" I turned around to see Ms. Chase.

"Yes?" I answered acting as if I was not in a hurry. I didn't want to be rude to a person who has terrible fits when he feels scared. 

"I am so sorry about the rudeness that I have done to you. I hope you are having a good stay." His words were somewhat different from what I was expecting him to say. He blinked a few times and stopped. "Huh? I think I was saying something..." I didn't know what to do so I just stared at his weird acting.

"Ummm Ms.- Dad?" Annabeth called from the back, and I silently slipped into the bathroom. I called Chiron with my rusty drachma. 

 I found Chiron with Rachel and I wasn't surprised. I saw Nico and another girl who I've seen but didn't know her name.  The girl said. She looked about 15 and had dark skin with curly brown hair. She was pretty and had small green earrings shaped like a flower.

"Percy, this is Selda Kaliev daughter of Hermes-" "Nice to meet you." Selda said. Her voice was calm.  "I'm standing here as the Camp Leader." "Camp leader?"

"A Camp Leader is in the new system of the camp. Now days, Chiron gets called a lot to different meetings and is very busy. Someone has to hold the Camp straight while he's not here so I'm the Camp Leader and so is Nico here." I nodded. Selda's good speaking reminded me of Annabeth.

"Chiron, I think I remember most of the memories I had when I fainted and... Well, somethings weird." Everybody went silent Nico didn't even make a sound Chiron looked as if he was tired but was trying to act like he wasn't. Selda was an exception "I understand, please speak."

"Well, Annabeth and I both fainted and we were both alive" There was one more bit of silence. Chiron glanced at Nico and Nico didn't cooperate. "Selda found-" Chiron started "Someone came " Selda interrupted

"She- He- I don't know what was it. But I was outside the camp and I found- it and..." The period was longer than the others. "it- told me that I had to take you and Annabeth and... I took you guys to the camp..." Chiron started "You didn't tell us that." "Yes I haven't, there is a good reason that I can't tell, please understand."

"How's Annabeth?" Nico finally made a sound. "She's fine. She seems to get along very well" Selda Frowned. The feeling in the room seemed to darken. "Any other words to speak?" Chiron asked "Nope" I said. I lied, but the air in the room felt like it was suffocating me.(which I never want to feel)

 Chiron disappeared along with the others. I glanced at Nico for the one last time and saw something, a message. But I failed reading his eyes.

<Few hours later sponsored by Kronos>

 Annabeth and  I was in Mr. Chase's bedroom checking on him if there was anything wrong with him for the last time. "How's everybody?" 

 I paused what I was doing, "Ummm, what everybody?" "Chiron, Nico- I know you called them." I knew Annabeth was good at reading people's minds by just looking.

"Chiron is fine, Nico too although he looks a little out of words. Oh, and there is a Camp Leader called Selda. The Camp Leader is-" "I heard about Selda and the whole camp leader systems." I glanced at Annabeth. "Hey,  if you have anything to say, just- say. I mean, I won't tell anyone. Right?" I smiled, she smiled.

"Percy, can I trust you?" I was startled- scared. "Yup, why not?" "I saw you- in a dream. Everybody says I knew things. But now, I don't..." I chuckled "Wise girl, your really really smart that sometimes I don't even think your brain is the size of a normal human being! So you don't have to worry." Annabeth gave me the smile that said, 'You knew what I was saying'. The familiar smile. 

"Percy, they say you are someone important to me. I'm not sure, if it is real." "I'm real, to you and to a lot of people." Annabeth walked closer every time she said a word. "Thank you, for all of-" her voice cracked and she fell over  but caught her balance. I called her name and went for her but she didn't answer.

 Annabeth's hand floated around the air and caught something on the desk. A pocket knife. I wanted to walk towards her, but she wasn't the Annabeth I knew. Her face showed greed, fear, anger switching.

 She stared at me and her hand with the knife raised slowly... I was scared. Annabeth was great at throwing daggers, so she was pretty capable with knives too.

She looked at me and screamed. She was asking for help.

And the knife flew

Word Check : 1117