Hard Feelings

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest times, if one remembers to turn on the light." -  Harry Potter J. K. Rowling

Annabeth POV

 I woke up in the hospital bed. Dizzy, confused and dumbfounded. I was about to get up and start walking but a serious headache kicked into my mind which left me back on the cot. I found out that I shouldn't be walking around without permission, but who cares? Demigods never ask for permission unless you're in front of a angry god ready to blow off your head.

 "Hey, you shouldn't be walking around." A voice spoke behind me. I recognized the voice. I turned around to see Percy. "Percy!" I said delightedly. Tell me your going to get me out of here? I asked. "The doctor said you needed no medical help since your brain didn't melt." I stared at him asking for the truth.

"Come on! Tell me what he said." 

"Ummmm... He said you were lucky your head didn't get blown to pieces?" His face showed that the doctor didn't talk in his language. Horse. I kissed him and got up. "Let's get out of here."

 Well, it didn't go as planned. The doctor allowed me to leave since I had no kind of damage from the impact of falling or didn't have any disease. But my dad literally came by just to say I had to stay. Luckily, I persuaded him easily with my words.

 "Why are you here?" I asked Percy.

"Just trying something new?" He chuckled. What? That's it? 

"You were trying to surprise me by coming to my school didn't you?" I could see in his eyes that I read his mind.

"Whatever, we'll go to school tomorrow. Today, let's have a nice day together." Percy nodded with approval.

 We first went to my home to pick up better clothes for me. I chose my orange camp T-shirt. And then went to the place I felt the most comfort. Camp-Half Blood.

<A nice time skip also sponsored by Mr. Kronos>

 At the moment I stepped into the Camp, I knew this was true home.

"Annabeth? Percy?" I heard a voice creep behind me. It was Nico. Nico was pleased to meet us. But as he looked at me, I felt he was acting a little different. He was acting... Softer to me. That wasn't a word for Nico but he did greet me warmer than usual and treated me nicer.

 I never felt much bond between Nico and me. Only guiltiness. While Bianca, Nico's sister died trying to save me, I wasn't there to comfort him, say sorry. I couldn't even get a good look at Bianca or Nico when they were younger. If I was Nico I would be just like him, holding grudges, or worse.

"Percy, Chiron would like to meet you,  wouldn't he?" Nico said. Weird, personally I thought I was closer to Chiron...

"Annabeth, wanna hang out in my cabin" A guy with a cabin he only use asking me to hang out there. I would normally say no, but Nico was gay so I chose to go.

 The Hades Cabin was everything I expected but darker. The melancholy mood was in the air. The cabin was so dark I could barely see.

 Nico turned on the light and took a deep breath. "Are you sick?" I was so confused by his sudden question.

"No..?" I answered.

"Were you attacked by a monster?" Nico asked almost immediately. "No, Nico calm down" Nico look at me confused. And something clinked in my mind. 

"Nico, I'll ummm, have to go talk to Chiron, I think he may want me." I said and walked out of his cabin leaving only awkwardness.

 When I went through the door, Will was standing in the door way and he looked surprised to see me. Nico didn't let anyone walk into his cabin without being stabbed. Will was a exception.

 "Hey, Annabeth" Will said with his normal shining sunny smile. "Hey, Will. Nice to see you again" I never felt Will so close to me. He gently rested his hand on mine and I felt the headache I had slowly dissipate.

 I looked at Will curiously "How did you?" Will just smiled and walked into the Hades Cabin. I just walked to Chiron.

 Percy was with Chiron, Percy's mouth was filled with food which meant Chiron would be the one that spoke.

"Annabeth, I heard that you have been"

"Percy you told him?" I said cut Chiron's words mad at the scared boy who couldn't even scream because of the food in his mouth.

"I have heard you'd been going to a mortal school." Chiron continued. "Oh" I was relieved and sorry for Percy who was now holding more food ready to stuff it into his mouth again.

"Percy, I think Annabeth and I should have a conversation" Percy didn't budge and kept eating. "Seaweed brain, go to your cabin and eat please." Percy finally heard and jogged off with bunch of food. Happily, at least.

"I think we might have a new threat." I gaped and looked at Chiron. "It's not clear, just Rachel seeing important..." "problems?" I tried to finish Chiron's sentence. "No, something far more important. Rachel said it will be something new, and it would take months" "What is it?" Chiron's answer made me want to cry.

"It's a war of demigods"

<A Lovely Time skip Sponsored by Dear Kronos>

 I got Percy and got ready to go back to dad. We couldn't be in another war? Chiron said it may take a year. I could rest till then. Normally.

"What is it?" Percy asked. Percy know me too much, he reads my mind. "Just, stuff... Athena logic, you know..." Percy drew me in and kissed me. The tension in my arms released me and I felt free.

 When Percy let go, he smiled "It'll be ok" Percy know me too much.

 We decided to ride the Pegasus. Percy rode Black jack, Black jack offered me Giddo, but I politely said no and got onto the one named Maryland. They say they found him in Maryland. And yes, he's a male. Maryland was all white with a hint of grey on the edge of his wing which made me promising.

"You don't know Annabeth's home, don't you? I'll tell you which way" Percy casually talks with a horse. Maryland acts very independently, he tries to get off track, if I didn't steer him, I'd be in the middle of the Pacific ocean. 

 I lightly hopped off Maryland and let him go. He seemed offended in some way, but left without a word. Wanna know how I seemed to understand him? Ask my boyfriend.

"You fine now?" Percy asked as we walked towards the kitchen to have dinner. "Yeah"

 Percy stopped and held my arm. "I can look at your face and I see things I normally don't see in you." Yes he was right. Shame, sadness, fear has already overtook me.

 I finally gave up. "He told me something, bad. We only have few months to stay normal." My feelings crumbled into dust and I didn't know what to say. I didn't cry, but Percy's eyes looked a little... Moisturized? I didn't know what to say.

"Is Nico still mad at me? maybe I did something stupid and they hate me... Maybe just maybe... Silena or Beckendorf had something to do with it..."

"Percy! Is that all you think of? I lost people too! Your power had advanced when you were 12 so you didn't have to go to Camp-Half Blood early! You, you never saw your family crumble." I was being too harsh on him. But he didn't believe me that I was broken into pieces too. 

And he was the one that kept me from falling apart.

Word Check : 1279