A Normal Day

"Not all of those who wander are lost" - The Fellowship of the Ring J.R.R. Tolkien

Annabeth POV

 Hello Annabeth Chase here. I know that it's not that weird to have a normal day. Well, then you should feel lucky. Cause in my case, it's quite hard to have the normal day.

I'm a demigod, a daughter of Athena. Not the most powerful type. Most of my half-siblings think I'm awesome. Not really everything people know me is that I'm a Ms-some-blonde-girl-who-went-on-a-quest-with-the-great-Percy-Jackson. Not complaining, just saying. Just let me start my story.

 I woke up in the morning and quickly got ready. I wore a blue sweater and black jeans. I tied my hair high up. When I looked in to the mirror, I sighed. The deep scar on my cheek seemed like it was taunting me. I hid that smug smile with a bandage and got ready to leave. I ate cereal with milk and hopped into my sneakers and walked out of my room. I easily pulled out a book out of my backpack.

 My backpack wasn't heavy even with those thousand paged architecture books filled my bag. Well, my bag was magical since it was a magic bag which was a gift from my mother. I got the bag few months ago when I met the Kanes and defeated the evil magician named Setne who tried to be a god. I wasn't really a fan of that guy, so I'll skip the whole fighting part.

 I walked to school, Goode High school as I read my books about  architecture. My boyfriend Percy, who is a son of Poseidon really doesn't understands why I read books. Well, it is pretty interesting. And since I'm a blonde, people don't take me seriously, but please take me seriously.

 "Hey Miss Brainiac!" my concentration towards the book was broken when I heard a high pitched voice called from behind. 

 "Holy Athena..." I mumbled under my breath as I heard the rapid footstep grew louder.

 "Come on Annabeth, gotta say hi to a friend shouldn't you?" The owner of the freakishly high voice was Fleur.

 Fleur was a British girl who had a long wavy hair. The root of her hair was dark brown but the tip was bright so her hair had the whole 'gradation thing' (according to her). She was wearing a green pilot jacket over a American navy pattern tank top. Her parachute pants gave her the whole navy style she was onto these days. She was one of my only friends in school

 "Let's go quickly eh? We don't want to be late right Missy Perfectuno?" She popped the p in my nickname. (I hate my nickname these days)

<At school>

 I sat at my desk and kept reading my book. The teacher wasn't here yet and I was the  only one in class, which meant it was quiet.

 "What are you reading?" a male voice whispered behind me.

 "Oh, hey Keith. Just reading Artitec-" I started when Keith put a finger over my mouth

 "Come on, it's gonna be those boring art and buildings." He ended his sentence with a smirk

 "It's really interesting! Wanna try reading it?" I said as I handed the very heavy book to the terrified boy's hand.

 "No I'm fine, really." He said slightly looking pale. I laughed.

 I took a second glance at Keith. he had tousled black hair. His eyes were deep dark blue, they were so dark that I almost thought they were black. He wore a denim jacket, under it was a black t-shirt. His pants were normal blue jeans. Classic.

 My eyes met his. It was quiet and there was nobody. I just didn't know where to look. Even though Keith and I are friends, it was weird staring at each other. I tried to look away when I saw something I couldn't find in his eyes before. Was it... Love? He leaned in and...

 That was when a random kid walked in and turned root beet red.

<At Lunch>

 I sat with Fleur and Keith. Keith and I were laughing at Fleur who was making a funny face. Fleur was a flirt, so she liked to go to random guys and flirt with/at them. So she mostly liked talking about her failures or successions, bold girl she was. When Fleur was talking about her flirt with Smith Johnson. Our school Queen bee Tania "accidentally" spilled milk on Fleur. 

 "Oh, I'm so sorry" Tania said in such a sad voice that I was totally convinced she actually was sorry

 Fleur growled but didn't speak. She looked scared.  Tania and couple of her friend have been bullying her since she came to this school. She didn't even dare tried to look Tania in the eye. She hid her face in embarrassment. That was when I lost my nerve.

 "Tania, your friend Cecilia said you suck at makeup, did you hear? She's such a backstabber isn't she?" Cecilia was one of Tania's gang and I saw she had never ever has been nice to anyone but Tania. The poor girl's who's face was coated with makeup became twisted and I knew I hi the right place.

 "YOU!" Tania glared at Cecilia. Cecilia's face turned as pale as a ghost Cecilia ran and Tania ran after her. Silently, I pulled my leg out enough so nobody could see that I tripped Tania.

<After School>

 "That was totally cool!" Fleur shrieked happily as she bounced up and down.

 "Really awesome!" Keith summed up

 "Not really... It was pretty simple you know" I said with a prideful smirk

 "Annabeth?" Keith asked "Can I come over? I mean, I'm really slow on math, science, even English! Sooooo... Can you help me with the notes and practically everything?"

 "Ummm" I hesitated. Yes, Keith is a nice guy but I'm careful with guys who wants to come over. I wasn't sure if those guys we're or we're not monsters. "Ok" I said. I mean, I couldn't just say no to my bestfriend?

 Keith's face lit up like a happy puppy. He smiled and grabbed my hand, but when he saw me giving a wolf stare to him he let go. "Sorry" He said whimpering.  I laughed. 

 "My dear beautiful friends, please don't say you forgot me" Fleur groaned.

 Keith started "How can we when you talk so loudl-?" He got interrupted when Fleur lightly punched him on his shoulder.

<At Annabeth's House>

 "Dad! I'm home!" I called even though I knew the silence would be the answer to my call.

 "Mr. Chase isn't home?" Keith asked. I simply ignored the heart throbbing  words made a 'follow me hand signature' and walked towards my bedroom.

"This is my bedroom" I said. my bedroom was filled with pictures of Camp-Half-Blood, architecture and... Well, there would have been pictures of Percy but I put it in my folder so I didn't become too distracted when studying. Some of those pictures were of my half siblings or campers from Camp-Half-Blood. Luke was in one of the picture. Somehow, that picture didn't bother me that badly.

 "Hey, you okay?" Keith asked me.

 "Yeah..." I said halfheartedly. "Let's start"

<After Few Hours>

Keith went to the bathroom and I was alone in my bedroom. I looked at the picture of Luke again.

 Annabeth said Luke in the picture. Yes a picture spoke to me.

 "Who are you?" I asked. I managed to keep my voice straight and stern.

 Annabeth it's me! Luke, and I need your help right now. He said urgently.

 "What is it..?" I knew very well not to speak to strangers, even though I never went to kindergarten, I was smart enough to find it out by myself.

 Annabeth! I have one thing to tell you. Percy Jackson is a traitor! Never believe him. Luke screamed. He had fear, sadness and anger in his voice.

"Percy isn't a traitor! He-" I shouted as I sat up. But I never got a chance to finish my sentence. Pain surged into me and I blacked out.

Word count : 1330