Rent problems

The next day came sooner than Saitama would have liked. As he took Hana to her cram school he couldn't help but think about last night. Once the two had arrived home his darling daughter immediately wanted to call that brat Isamu which he begrudgingly allowed. He couldn't stand to see her saddened face. This exact problem is why he had painfully agreed to a sleepover at the brats' home.

After talking to the kids' guardian who was all too happy to agree the two were set for a sleepover after cram school. The only thing stopping him from rejecting the notion was the excitement in Hana's eyes. This was her first ever friend. He couldn't take this away from her even if it was a boy she was friends with.

Isamu's guardian seemed to be this butler which somehow pissed him off even more. 'My daughter of course befriends some rich kid. Man, I kind of feel bad for thinking that.' Saitama brushes his thoughts off as he hugs his daughter goodbye and sends one last glare towards Isamu.

He catches up to the butler before could leave, wanting to set ground rules for tonight's sleepover. "Hey Jeeves, wait up. I wanna talk to you for a second."

The butler turns around giving Saitama a blank stare before letting out a sigh. "Yes Mr. Saitama, how can I help you?" He asked

"Look I know the kids a genius and all so is mine but I would like to set some boundaries for tonight's sleepover. I don't want nothing funny happening when my daughter's over there." Saitama stated

The butler showed his annoyance at his statement but he seemed to understand Saitama's intent. "Mr. Saitama, I assure you that no sort of 'funny business' will be happening. My young master is nothing but a gentleman. And if you're worried about sleeping arrangements the two will be in separate sleeping accommodations."

Saitama took on a sheepish look as he rubbed the back of his neck. He felt as if he was being chastised. "Ah, yeah well that's all I ask. Listen sorry if I come off harsh. I just didn't expect my Hana's first friend to be a boy, you know. I can't help but feel protective."

The man's shoulders relaxed a bit as he looked at Saitama's nervous form. "It's quite alright Mr. Saitama. I can actually relate to you in that regard. The young master has been in my care ever since his parents passed two years ago." The man leaned against the expensive car looking up to the sky as he seemed to be lost in a memory. "He was always smart that boy. But he could never make any friends, just wanted to stay inside and build these various gadgets that he said will help him become a hero. Your daughter in just one day made my young master open up more than I ever could."

Saitama stared at the butler thinking of the things he's said. "Yeah when you put it like that the little brats did the same thing for Hana. I've never seen her so happy to talk to someone other than me. I guess it's just hard to see her grow up." Even though it's been a year he felt like he knew his little girl her whole life. It's strange being a father but he could see the reward in it.

"Yes, yes it is. Well Mr. Saitama I hate to cut this conversation short but I do have to prepare for the young masters and Ms. Hana's first sleepover." He said, holding out his hand.

"Oh yeah sorry. I have some things I need to take care of also." Saitama said giving the man a firm handshake that made the man wince a bit due to the pressure.

Saitama made his way to the train station. 'I guess I can ask the old man about that group he was talking about when I pick up my jumpsuit. That would be interesting to do. Wait crap I forgot my wallet!'

~~~~~~~~~

The two kids made their way to their class excitedly talking about their plans for tonight. "Hana I don't think your dad likes me very much."