HT2.

YURI WHITE
DALLAS, TX

SEPTEMBER 3, 2021

YURI moved her fingers around on her phone, texting Mazi back as she sat in the salon chair of her best friend's hair shop. She went too long—only two weeks—without getting her hair done, and she couldn't deal with it any more.

She loved her natural hair, but doing it was too much, and getting fresh knotless braids always made her feel good. Girl, put yo damn head back. Damn." Rhylee snapped, pulling Yuri's head back so she could part the last piece of her hair.

"Don't be so rough, damn." Yuri spoke, and Rhylee rolled her eyes. "We should go get some drinks later on this week." Yuri suggested as she locked her phone and sat it in her lap.

"We should, after this week I had. I need a whole damn bottle." Rhylee said, shaking her head finishing up Yuri's last braid. "What happened?" Yuri asked

"Dee weird ass. He think he got the right to come to my crib anytime he want, like leave me the hell alone." Rhylee fussed, "It's just a repeated cycle with his weird ass. He want to break up, we do. He wants to get back together, and we do. This time, I'm done." Rhylee added on.

Yuri nodded her head, listening to her friend rant, "You sure you done?" Yuri asked, looking at her through the mirror that was in front of them. Their eyes connected, and Rhylee glared at her.

"You sure you done?" Rhylee mocked, making Yuri smile, "Shut the hell up. I'm done with his can't commit having ass. Fuck Dee. Who the fuck is Dee? Nobody." Rhylee said walking away from Yuri to get the hot water to dip her braids.

Yuri shook her head, laughing. "You told Brooklyn?" Yuri asked. Brooklyn was their other best friend.

Rhylee nodded her head. "And now I'm salty because she said the same thing you just said." Rhylee said, walking back over to Yuri and holding a pitcher of hot water.

"Y'all hoes think y'all know me, but y'all don't. I could be Superman for all y'all know." Rhylee stated grabbing all of Yuri's braids to place them in the hot water.

"You can't keep a secret for shit, Rhy. We'd definitely know if you was Superman." Yuri said to her, and Rhylee rolled her eyes. Yuri hissed, feeling the steam from the hot water hit her neck. "Be careful. Brook told me you burned her before."

"Fuck you and Brook. How about that?" Rhylee said, grabbing the towel from her shoulder and placing it under Yuri's braids, pulling her braids out of the pitcher at the same time. She carefully sat it down on the floor.

She began squeezing the access water from Yuris braids with the towel. She let them go and took a step back to admire her work.

"Yup! I did that." Rhylee hyped herself up, Yuri looked up from her phone and looked at her braids in the mirror. "You did! I love it." Yuri said smiling at herself.

Yuri got up out of the chair to get a better look at her braids. Knee-length knotless was always her go-to.

Yuri went into her purse that sat on the stand, taking out one hundred dollars. "Put that shit back." Rhylee popped her hand, and Yuri mugged her, rubbing the back of her hand, which stung.

"Don't look at me like that. I said it was on me." Rhylee said cleaning up the area. "That would be so trifling of me to do that." Yuri said, grabbing Rhylees hand and forcefully pushing the bill in her hand, making it crumble up.

"No takebacks. It's yours now." Yuri said, grabbing her Chanel purse off the stand.

Anyways, what's for lunch? I could really go for some chipotle." Yuri said, sitting the handle of her purse in the crease of her arm. "Chipotle sounds good. Let me go get my phone." Rhylee scurried off to the back.

______

Instead of them going to Chipotle, they went to this diner they always rode past on multiple occasions, but they decided to stop there this time. Since it was only 12, Yuri ordered something small.

Chicken tenders and French fries. While Rhylee ordered a bacon cheeseburger with loaded French fries,

"Why we stop here just for you to get that twelve-year-old ass meal?" Rhylee asked, making Yuri smack her lips as she reached over to grab the ketchup. "Because I didn't see anything I wanted, plus, I'm still full from breakfast." Yuri told her as she squirted ketchup on the empty spot on her plate.

"Wassup with you and Mazi ass?" Rhylee asked, and Yuri shrugged her shoulders, putting a fry in her mouth. "We're good." She replied, and Rhylee raised her eyebrow.

"You didn't smile or anything. He hitting you? I will fuck him up, Ri." Rhylee immediately got into defense mode, making Yuri smile. "Mazi would never. He's just been acting weird lately, but I'm probably overthinking." Yuri told her.

"Weird how?" Rhylee asked before taking a bite of her cheeseburger.

Yuri shrugged her shoulders. "Last night he left. He said his mom needed him for something, but it was like nine something." Yuri said

"So you don't believe him and you think he's fucking another bitch is what you're saying." Yuri frowned

"I am not saying that. I just found it weird; that's all. Mazi wouldn't cheat on me." Yuri said, and Rhylee pressed her lips together. She didn't think Mazi would cheat on Yuri either; she just knew that a nigga was always going to be a nigga. A nigga was always going to do some nigga shit. So she didn't put shit past them creatures.

"You think Brook would be mad knowing we were eating without her?" Yuri asked, and Rhylee smiled, nodding her head. Brooklyn loved food.

"Yeah. Let's call her." Rhylee spoke, letting an evil laugh leave her lips.

You're so petty." Yuri said taking her phone out anyway.

_________________________________________

Y'all like it ? Nothing happening right now fr .
I like it . I might change my mind .