12

Yuki had unending interviews and promotions after their historic win during the 2023 VNL. He was swamped with schedules, even having special features late at night. And I am so proud of what he has become and his achievements.

My heart is rejoicing for him.

I just noticed him really glowing on his TV appearances and event guestings.

"Why so handsome, my love?" I asked him during our video call.

"Is it because I'm loved by you?"

"You're always loved by me, but why is it you're really glowing nowadays?"

"Sponsors, Ai. Sponsors."

"So good to be famous."

"But really, I'm just happy."

"Ohh! Why, love? Why? Why?" I was eager to know.

"Just good things happening. I know everything is temporary, but I'm enjoying this moment while it lasts. And...I always think about you. I am happy."

"Ohh, how sweet." I flashed him a finger heart. Kilig!

He was getting embarrassed, so he changed the topic.

"Ai, sponsors also gave me something, and I think this is best suited for you."

"What is it? Skincare products?"

"No," he said, trying to suppress his laughter. It felt ominous.

"Then what is it?"

"Height enhancer," he said, bursting out laughing.

I glared at him. "Bully!!"

Then he flashed me a finger heart while laughing. This man is annoying and cute at the same time. I'm too soft for him.

---

AVC Championship came. Ryujin Nippon was busy training and playing matches in Iran.

Yuki struggled to adjust to the food, but still ate healthily for wellness. Nonetheless, they appreciated the support they received from the Iranian fans.

It was the day after their game against Uzbekistan when my thesis defense was conducted. Yuki and Ryujin Nippon were on their rest day before they face Bahrain for the final twelve.

My defense, along with one classmate, went for about 3 hours, including the Q&A portion from the panel and other affiliated companies who came with the intention of recruiting professionals. I understood why it had to be online, the audience was from all around the globe.

So far, so good. It came out well. I was nervous at first, but I think I did well because I am already an official candidate for graduation in October.

Yuki congratulated me on a video call. I also congratulated them as they've reached the finals.

"I'm done, Yuki!!" I was ecstatic.

"Otsukareshima-deshita, Erinne-chan. I have no doubts in you. You always do your best and achieve what you want to achieve," he said, smiling widely.

"These past two years were grueling, but because you were there--and the Milano family to support me, I made it through!" I paused and continued, "Congratulations on your win against Uzbekistan! The juniors are doing so well. I miss seeing them on the court."

"It was a joy for me, too. They did their best, and I am very happy to see them playing and enjoying the game."

"Yeah, I saw you on the livestream. You just stood there watching them and not speaking. Why so stiff, Ishiwaka?" I asked, laughing.