11

Yuki achieved his goal by leading Milano to 4th place in the semifinals. He returned to Japan with a happy heart and will now compete with Ryujin Nippon for the VNL, AVC Championship, and Olympics Qualifiers.

He planned to renew his contract with Milano, but I will be leaving the team next season. I already informed the management of my decision. Although they wanted me to stay, I must prioritize my career.

Both of us agreed to be more low-key in our relationship, so we could overcome the pain of separation. I deeply care for him, and I want to see him achieve his goals.

Yuki is always determined to be the best and make the impossible possible.

June then came, and I was already on the final revisions of my thesis and might finish this earlier than planned. The thesis defense will be online, so it's fine. And once passed, graduation is set in the last week of October. I am planning everything well because I promised Yuki to support him in his games. He's at the peak of his career, and I want to witness him achieve every little victory to greatness.

I'll go home by the end of June to catch the VNL round in the Philippines.

---

2023. June 30.

I arrived in Manila at almost the exact arrival time as Ryujin Nippon. Mine was just 30 minutes late, but they had to go through immigration officers while I just needed to pass through automated gates. So, we came to the bag carousel at the same time.

Yuki and I planned this because we just wanted to. It's been almost two months since we last saw each other.

NAIA Terminal 3 is small, so we were able to see each other, but that's that. We were talking through eyes only. I left first since Filipino fans were mobbing them because they are so popular here.

We talked when I arrived home, and him at their hotel in Manila.

"We have finally seen each other in your homeland. I feel so proud," Yuki greeted me.

"Yeah, I couldn't even go near to you. Many fans wanted to take photos with you, especially with Ran. I pity the kid. He didn't know what to do," I said laughingly.

"We all feel happy to be welcomed warmly."

"You'll see better on your games, especially the weekend ones. Almost all seats were sold out. I barely made it to the Patron row E, for three days except for your first game, where I got row B."

"Tell me the seats, Ai. I look forward to seeing you."

We talked for a few more minutes until it was time for him to rest, and I did the same.

---

Monday night came, and Yuki was ranting to me about the abruptly planned fan meeting.

He did not understand why such an event was organized. It was so unfair to the other teams and to them also since they had to be used to sell tickets for the days they won't be playing.

"I know. Same sentiments with you, Yuki," I told him.

"My body was aching, and I had to attend the event. Our momentum ceased, and although the kouhai enjoyed seeing the fans, it was not the right time to do that."

"I'm sorry if this had to happen."

"It's okay. I'm still happy that Filipinos are welcoming us happily."

"Good luck with your game tomorrow! I'll watch you closely."

---

2023. July 4.