Chapter 5 ~ 'Weirdo'

Hiii I kinda disappeared for a few days cuz i was busy lol.

Anyway take this short angsty-ish chapter!!

Btw thanks for the comments!! I rly appreciate it! It feels happy to know someone's enjoying them :)

"I'm sorry... About them."

He looked like he was truly apologizing, but I couldn't trust him this easily, so I stayed quiet and kept my right arm wrapped around my stomach tight.

He picked up my glasses and gave it to me, "Thanks..." I mumbled, snatching it quickly.

"Are you going to go back to class?"

"..."

Kamishiro sighed, realizing I wouldn't talk. He kneeled down in front of me. I was afraid he was going to punch me in the face like Hayashi, but no. All I heard was a gentle voice asking, "Is your... Stomach okay? Does it hurt? Can you move?"

What if this is some kind of act?

"I don't need your help..." I said quietly. I still couldn't properly speak.

"You do." Kamishiro said.

Since when has he started to care?

"Why do you care?" I thought aloud.

"I think getting angry after someone you didn't want to kiss kissed you randomly is normal... So I'm on your side? I think." Kamishiro said, he didn't look like he was lying, "What they did wasn't right, so I stopped them and..." He trailed off, looking at me, "Just answer me, are you okay?"

I rolled my eyes playfully and forced a smile at him, "Do I look like I am?"

He stood up, sighing, and held his hand out for me to get up, "Come on, we're gonna be late."

I looked away, "You can go to class by yourself first... Plus, you're a genius. You don't need class." And I don't trust you.

"You don't need class either. All you do is yawn. So would you rather we just sat in the bathroom for the rest of the day?"

"...No," I finally said after a moment of silence.

He smiled at me, "Then let's get back."

I took his hand and stood up, still slightly holding my stomach.

"Your stomach's fine, right? Aoki's punches are really hard sometimes."

He looked like he genuinely cared about me, and I found it strange. Does someone bully you and care about you at the same time? "Yeah. Probably. Should be fine."

"Let's go back to our classroom, then." He said gently.

"I have something to do before I go back to class..." I said, "You can go back yourself first."

Kamishiro made a small wave at me, "Okay, then."

I didn't wave back. I walked down the stairs quickly. The truth is, I had nothing to do. I just didn't want to walk alongside him. I'm still scared of him, despite how kind and caring he was just now. Of course, it could all be an act.

But...

I smiled.

...Maybe. Just maybe.

Maybe he's not as bad as I thought?

~

I sat on my bed, hitting my head on the wall.

It was four in the morning, and I couldn't get to sleep. I was tired, but my thoughts wouldn't leave me alone. I tried, a hundred of times, but I just couldn't push them away.

Why are you such a horrible person?

"Shut up," I mumbled to myself. I hated the voice in my head. It has never gone away since middle school. I thought meeting Aoki and the others would help me... But it didn't.

I don't understand myself at all. Why I thought bullying was a good decision. Why I cheated on girls. Why I hated Tenma. Why...

The list goes on.

"You weirdo."

I hate that word.

"You freak."

I hate that word, too.

I slid back on my bed and closed my eyes again, hoping to fall asleep eventually. But the voice in my head appeared again, asking me a question I would never be able to answer.

Did you ever wonder why you hated Tenma?

I shifted on my bed, "Leave me alone... I'm trying to sleep."

So you did.

"Just leave me alone, would you?"

I'm just telling you, I know the answer.

My eyes opened. Although I did want to sleep, I also wanted to know the reason, "Tell me." I said.

You know it already.

"I don't."

You do. You just don't want to admit it.

"I don't. Tell me already!" I said louder.

There was a moment of silence.

Because...

He's like you in middle school, remember?

I gasped.

Bullied, left out, needed help but didn't ask for it.

He's just like you, isn't he?

But he's a bit more happier, I suppose.

So after what you've gone through, you should know how it feels already.

Why are you trying to ruin another person's life?

That's right.

He wasn't really that bad.

I just hated him because he was similar to the old me, which I hated.

My memory jumped back to the afternoon. How did he trust me so easily? He seemed like a happy person in general... A person who is cheerful and always full of hope, that smiles at the worst time possible and tells everyone that there's still hope... That's the type of person he feels like. Maybe that's why he hasn't given up like I did?

I took a deep breath. Now he has certainly become an interesting person.

I'll apologize to him tomorrow and try to get close to him.

He seems like the only person who could help me now.

I smiled in pain.

I am such a greedy person...

Words - 889

I'm sorry for giving this little silly some slight (?) depression...

BTW ANYONE SEEN THE NEW CARDS?????!??!?!?

The untrained Rui tho - He. Is. Actually. Wearing. Decent. (Causal) Clothes!!!

I'm sorry I just don't like his normal white jacket grey shirt one ;-;