Chapter 2

After leaving the office building with Lacy, she asked a ton of questions. "Did he compliment you?" She asked with a smile. I was trying to keep up with her as we walked across the crowded crosswalk. "Yeah, he told me he liked my dress and likes this color on me," I said as we approached the side walk. She laughed and wrapped her arm in mine. Even though I just met her today, it felt right to confide into her. I assume she has been in my shoes before. "What else did he say," she countered. I took a deep breath and told her how he called me intelligent. But never would I tell her about that lingering kiss he left on my hand or how he sort of tried to flirt with me.

We walked into a store and started looking around. "You know, this is the first time he asked someone to take a new client shopping," Lacy spoke as she searched a rack of work pants. I stopped looking at the blouses on the rack and met her eyes. "He does this for every girl client doesn't he," I said trying not to sound so defeated. She shook her head, "Not really, sure he has taking people out for lunch when they first get hired but never sent someone he trust with his precious credit card to go buy a whole new wardrobe." She held up a pair of pants and handed them to me to try on along with all the other clothes she handed me. "Really," I asked confused. "Yeah he must like you or something," she winked and I turned hot in the face. "Oh no, that's too inappropriate. I don't think I could have a relationship with my new boss. Besides, he told me he doesn't do relationships," I told her as she walked me to the dressing rooms.

"Well maybe you can help him change that and be his new relationship," She smirked and gently shoved me in the dressing room. I started trying on the clothes we had picked out and modeled them for Lacy to say yay or nay. Once Lacy watched me model for a while, she picked what looked good on me and what was appealing to my body shape. My new wardrobe was a success but it consisted of things I never would've pictured myself wearing like; low cut blouses, tight skirts, tight dresses, and nice fitting work pants. We then hit up a nice shoe store. We bought a few pairs of heels to wear. Then we got my hair cut and dyed. Finally, we were heading to get some lunch.

"So we need to tell him you have your new look for work," Lacy said as she pulled her phone out. I watched her dial his number and took the last bite of my salad. Lacy started talking and handed me the phone. "He wants to talk to you about work tomorrow," she said with a sly grin. I took the phone and placed it to my ear. Then a raspy voice spoke to me, "Hello Jenna, tomorrow morning at eight I will have a limo waiting for you. We are going to a corporation to have a meeting. Then, we will go out to lunch and you will be dropped off at your apartment after a while."

"Okay, sounds like a pretty busy day but I'm excited to start the job," I said and looked up at Lacy. She was making sexual gestures toward me and I had to stop myself from laughing. "Wear something stunning tomorrow. Tell Lacy to return my card right away," he said to me softly. "Yes sir, have a good day," I spoke and hung up the phone. I gave Lacy her phone back as she laughed. "Well, I can get you back to your car now. It was nice hanging out and shopping with you," Lacy said as we both rose from the table to pay. "Yeah, hopefully we won't be too busy at work and we can do it again," I said with a smile. She grinned and finished paying.

*At the Car*

"Well that's the last of it," Lacy said as we closed the trunk of my car. "See you soon," she said and hugged me. I hugged back taking in the smell of her perfume. I had gotten her number on our way back to the office building so I could tell her how my first day goes with the boss. I got in my car and checked my phone before I started driving. I had a text message from Harry. 'Hope you bought some sexy outfits. Get a lot of rest for tomorrow. –Harry XO,' I felt myself gasp and looked at the message again. Was he hitting on me? What happened to 'I don't do relationships?' I began driving to my apartment as my mind wondered back to the text and the events that have happened today.