TRIGGER WARNING: Domestic Violence

No one's Perspective:

Toya and Akito have continued to have these meetings more frequently. Eventually reaching a point where they could meet up to two times a day. Akito found himself reluctant to keep smoking, as he knew Toya hated the taste and was less likely to kiss him. Akito also had quit drinking alcohol all together, by some miracle, Toya's kisses felt like it was enough to soothe his anxiety. Toya's schoolwork had been going really well, and thanks to countless studying, and possibly the make out session before the mid-term exams, Toya placed first in all the written categories.

Akito, also found himself doing better in school. He could pay attention more, his brain less flooded by alcohol's influences, and he noticed he was actually passing for once. He still placed on the lower half of school in his written exams, however... The physical exams were his territory, he placed really high, 2nd actually, he blamed his skinny body for not getting first. Him and Toya shared a brief moment of joy when they heard of each other's progress, just a brief one. Before returning to their usual behavior.

Toya's Perspective:

Today, Akito and Toya had wanted to change the scenery a bit. They noticed as the weather changed into a colder climate, and they found the alleyway to grow uncomfortable. Akito knew of a rundown cafe that he went to a lot. Toya knew that meant trespassing on private property, and he hated the thought of it. He also supposedly hated Akito, yet he was willing to look past his morals to be with him. He'd laugh at the irony, but he didn't want to think about it too much.

Toya had prepared himself in his room, deciding this time, to lay off the hair gel. He was curious about what Akito may think of it. He brushed his hair, taking inspiration from the way Akito dresses. He hated to admit it, but he had found Akito's unique sense of style nice. The way Akito put himself together through multiple layers of clothing and utilizing certain techniques really drew Toya in. Since it was getting colder outside, Toya felt like he could justify trying Akito's style out.

He started out with a plain white t-shit, layering a grey one over it. Then he threw on a purple jacket, before layering yet another grey jacket over it. The layers were quite thin, so Toya felt he could breathe, however he wondered how Akito could wear this kind of layered clothing in the summer. Toya topped off the look with a necklace, it was thin necklace that had a cross in the middle. He recognized Akito's often use of jewelry in his looks, and he wanted to mimic that.

Toya would usually leave out his window, however Toya knew his dad had work today. Toya felt it unnecessary to dirty his clothes and walked down his stairs, Besides, he loathed jumping out the window every time due to his crippling fear of heights. However it was worth it to avoid confrontation with his old man. As Toya made his way down the stairs his heart dropped. He saw his father lock eyes with him. There was no escaping now. His father was visibly upset.

His father stomped up the stairs to meet Toya face to face. Toya swallowed nervously as his father grabbed his wrist and threw him over his shoulder. Where did his father even get such strength..? Toya would always wonder. Toya yelped as he felt his back hit the floor from the stairs. He supposed this is why he was afraid of heights, this being far from the first time his father had done this. "This is your fault! If only you'd do what I ask!" His father yelled, grabbing Toya by his collar before hitting him in the face. Effectively bruising his cheek.

Toya remained silent, knowing any kind of emotion would only make his father more angry. He had learned how to properly read people's emotions due to constantly walking on the edge of his father's fury. His father after yelling nonsensical insults and statements at Toya for thirty minutes, finally left him alone. Apparently, one of his father's businesses wasn't doing too well. How was that Toya's fault..? Toya was just glad he didn't take it out on his mother.

Toya turned to the clock on his wall to see that he was late. He picked himself up shakily as he left the house. It seemed, despite his efforts, his clothing had been dirtied. He tried to brush off his wrinkles and smooth out his hair, but he could still tell. He sighed as he neared the location in which Akito said the rundown cafe would be, hearing a song. A beautiful voice and skilled strumming of the guitar... Toya, after looking around, entered the cafe, finding Akito sitting on a step, playing the guitar while singing.

At that moment, Toya felt his heart drop, the emotions in the beautiful song echoed in his mind as he approached Akito. It was truly moving. Like a song of comfort. The words hitting Toya all too hard. Toya took a step forward, finding himself drawn to the song and the emotions it had given him, only for Akito to stop playing and turn his head.

Akito's Perspective:

Akito was free-styling a song after feeling stood up, Toya hadn't seemed to show up for twenty minutes now. Akito couldn't help but feel disappointed, the guitar he was using was a random one he found in the cafe. It had been through some hell. That made Akito feel like he could relate to it in some way. Akito was getting lost in his song until he heard some footsteps approaching him from behind. He turned his head to see... "Toya..?" Akito uttered, nearly dropping his guitar.

Akito gestured to stand up but was met with Toya's hand on his shoulder. "There's no need." Toya assured as he sat next to Toya on the stair. Akito noticed Toya had taken his advice from a while ago and got rid of all that damned hair gel, as well as his change of style. Akito would've taken more time to digest this eye candy if it weren't for his concern. He tried his best to hide it. "Did you get into a fight or something?" Akito asked, forgetting to scold Toya for being so late.

Toya looked at the ground. "No... It was my dad." Toya responded with a frown. There it was. Akito's eyes widened in horror at the realization. "Your dad did that to you..?" Akito asked, he couldn't hide his worry anymore. Toya seemed taken aback by Akito's genuine worry. "It's... Is it that bad?" Toya asked, turning his face toward Akito. Akito slipped his hand on Toya's cheek and lightly poked it. "Yeah dude, that's..." Akito paused. "That doesn't matter... Does it hurt any? How are you feeling?" Akito spoke carefully, genuinely concerned.

Toya put his hand on Akito's, the one that was on Toya's cheek. "I think... You somehow make it better?" Toya said, his tone slightly confused, but Akito could tell he was being serious. Akito blushed a bit, turning his hand around to hold Toya's. "Is this... Too much?" Akito asked, his facade of hating Toya had began to drown away. Normally, his fear would prevent him from this, but Akito's concern now drifted to Toya's well being. He wasn't sure why he even cared... But he did.