xiii. fright night

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!
act two, chapter thirteen
" 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 "

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!act two, chapter thirteen" 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 "

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

"𝑰 𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑾𝒀𝑨𝑻𝑻 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝑫𝑰𝑺𝑪𝑼𝑺𝑺𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑨𝑵𝑵𝑼𝑨𝑳 𝑯𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑶𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑵 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑰 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑶𝑾 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑺𝑻 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑾?"

Wyatt's hand's natural response was to curl into a ball and squeeze tight. She should have expected Flitwick to mention this one topic she had avoided to Theodore. Of course he would invite his male lead. It was hopeful for her to think she could enjoy her last cast party at Hogwarts without his presence to anger her further.

Wyatt had spent the day knee-deep in rehearsal prep and table read plans. She and Hermione had spent their whole Arithmancy lesson talking about the play and how excited they were. At lunch, Wyatt slaughtered Rudy in a game of Wizards Chess and she hadn't had to come into close contact with Theodore right up until this point. Her last-period Charms lesson had been a draining way to end the hectic day.

Unfortunately for her, both Wyatt and Theo sat at the back of the Charms classroom and so were among the last to leave. The professor caught them just as she was about to escape Theo's waffling which she had endured for a whole sixty minutes.

Wyatt stared straight ahead but could sense Theodore's head slowly rotating towards her. "No," he said through a strained smile. His eyes stayed trained on her. "It must have slipped her mind."

"Well, it is, of course, tomorrow night, in the auditorium," Flitwick told him. Wyatt was frozen solid and was currently trying to figure out a way to get out of this. "It would be a delight to see you there."

"Oh," Theodore gushed. He even went as far as to clasp his hands together. "I will certainly be there, Professor."

Wyatt managed a smile in Flitwick's direction and even ─ while it was slightly twisted ─ one directed at Theodore. The professor left them then with a dismissing nod and Wyatt took her chances at following suit.

"Buckley."

Wyatt stopped in her tracks, her eyes squeezing shut ─ she thought she was just about to escape him but apparently not.

Wyatt spun around on her heels and put on her best and most pleasant smile as if his interruption was no bother to her at all.

Theodore approached her, his head cocking to the side. Wyatt didn't need any hint as to what this was going to be about ─ it was practically written all over his face.