x. the cast list

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!
act one, chapter ten
" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕 "

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰!act one, chapter ten" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕 "

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

          𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑯𝑨𝑫 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬. The fated day when all that Wyatt Buckley had been working towards for the last six years would accumulate and she would hopefully ─ oh dear hopefully ─ go to sleep that night with a permanent smile resting on her face counting down the days until she would perform as the leading lady in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

          Wyatt woke up extra early the day the cast list was due to be announced. She went for a jog first thing, slowing down when she came across the Black Lake to take in the sun rising higher as it glimmered across the surface of the water. When she made it back to her dorm, she soaked herself in a long shower, letting the rain of the falling water caress her skin in calm trickles. She then made sure she had a big breakfast, down in the Great Hall before most students had even awoken. Scrambled egg on toast with a side of strawberries and banana was her favourite and so that is what she had, feeling fulfilled by the time she made her way back to the Hufflepuff common room to immerse herself in some light reading before her first lesson.

          The cast list wasn't due to be posted until lunch when the Drama Club were due to have a meeting to discuss rehearsals and the play going forward. All week Flitwick hadn't made any kind of announcement to suggest he hadn't made his final decision yet so it was likely that, as Wyatt sat in the depths of the castle, hidden in the Hufflepuff basement, her fate was already decided.