Chapter 31

"Is that Lyland's shirt?" My mom asks accusingly when I walk through the door.

"It's Cash's, I got a nose bleed," I explain simply.

"Aura," my mom warns, "you can't keep overdoing yourself that badly. And don't go around wearing Cashel Lupine's shirt, you shouldn't be associating with that kid." Mom's attitude slightly got on my nerves.

"Cash is my friend, kinda," I counter. "What's your problem with Cash?"

"He's the oldest Lupine, yet not going to become the next Duke. That's not normal."

"He's adopted, he's not a Lupine by blood," I argue, as I step closer to her.

"Still that kids been a trouble maker since he was little," she tries to defend her original point.

"Yeah and I would have been too, if I would have known I wasn't related to you."

"Aurilyn, no you wouldn't have," she replies with sympathy.

"Yeah I would have. Not to mention hes an Angel, and I'm a Fallen Angel. I would have been worse then he was, I guarintee that, but someone decided to lie to me instead. Have someone else magically repress most of who I was, so that I would have to deal with it all when I was older," I argue.

"Aura-" she starts.

"Mom, it's fine. Is it okay if I take a small nap before we start lessons? I'm still a little out of it."

"Yeah, it's fine. But why did you overdo yourself like that instead of just enjoying being with Cleo?"

"Because Cleo didn't warn me it would be a full house. She has a new best friend, and Lyland wants nothing to do with me. So I trained instead. Now please stop with the questions, please mom."

"I can't, I'm your mom. What happened with Lyland?"

"I kissed him and we got in a fight," I say with a shrug as I go to walk off.

"You two finally kissed?" she asks. If I didn't know better I would say my mom had a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Yes. Now I'm going to go take a nap, so we can start lessons." I dart out of the room, so I can rest.

When I wake up, Victoria is still in her lessons, so I decide to make myself a snack. Once I finish eating, I wait until I hear the door to mom's office creek open.

Glancing over, I see my little sister walking out. Her straight black hair was pulled back into an elegant bun. Small braids went across her scalp, braided back with purple ribbon and Lagerstroemia leaves. Her dress was a mixture of black velvet petunias and small amethyst stones. She looked royal, high class. Not like the little girl I remembered, but a small goddess. Her thickset body was draped in flowy material, that drags the floor behind her slightly. She was a little short for the dress itself, but she would grow into it.

"You look... nice," I say in confusion.

"I have a meeting with some of the younger members of the upper class. I'm going to be the only one there to stand for the Foreseers," she chimes with confidence. Her smile lifts her full pink cheeks onto her face. She was halfway between beautiful and gorgeous.

"I've never been to one of those meetings," I say in confusion. "When did they start that?"

"They always happened Aurilyn, it's tradition. This is my first year, before me they had some other young Foreseer representing our kind," she explains. "Look Aura, thanks for the compliment, but I've got to go. I can't risk being late." With a small wave, she turns around and scurries off. I watch in silence as my little sister disappears from view, before stepping into mom's office.