Chapter 22

Ready to see my best friend, I hurry over to her. "Hey!" I chime.

"Hey, fighting with Cash again?" she asks me.

Lyland looks my way and flashes his big goofy smile. His hand flaps exaggeratedly as a greeting. While Teegan manages a meer nod in my direction.

"Eh, a friendly disagreement," I answer her. My legs bring me closer to Ly with little thought. I smile and wave at him, "Hey LyLy!"

"Friendly?" Cleo asks duberously. "You and Cash being friendly? Yeah I'm so sure that's what was going on." She pauses for a second then looks me up and down questionably. "What are you wearing?" She could have meant that as an insult or compliment, but I couldn't really tell which one it was.

"New clothes," I shrug. Insecurity tugs at my chest, as I begin to feel smaller. It didn't matter if she liked them, but at the same time it did. Personally I liked them, so if she didn't I would try my best not to care. I eye her uneasily.

After a second she squeals, "I love it! And your hair and makeup! Aura you look so pretty!" I let out a sigh of relief at her approval.

"Aura always looks pretty," Ly adds causally. We all turn to look at him, which causes him to blush slightly. His smile was shy and sweet. Something tells me he didn't mean to say that outloud.

A soft giggle plays at my lips. "Thank you, Ly."

He instantly flashes me another one of his giant toothy grins. His smiles were bright and feminine, which somehow worked with his now masculine and defined features. A goofy smile forms on my face in response to seeing his smile. He had that power. To make people smile no matter what was going on. "Anytime Lenny," he winks playfully.

"Lenny" Cleo questions. My heart flutters at him using the nickname he had for me when we were little. He was the only one who ever called me that.

"It's an inside thing," Lyland and I answer at the same time. I blush like a maniac, but Lyland just looks plain happy like he always does. I'd kill for half his composure. Well not actually kill, you know what I mean.

After a second of awkardness that seems to last forever, a voice cuts through from behind me. "Well, well, well." I spin around immediantly recognizing the voice. The Braxton twins and Raiden stand feet away from us.

"All the friend are back together," Islyn says.

"Well except for Jane," Ivory adds. The twins shoot me a dirty look.

"We haven't all been friends in years," Lyland shrugs. Considering that was the most conflict I had heard in Ly's voice before, it was slightly off putting.

"You can blame the murderer for that," Ivory spits, still giving me the stink eye.

"Okay, what?" I ask in shock. She was refering to me as a murderer?

"You killed Jane. For all we know you could be the one that killed our dad too," Ivy explains with sas. The group of us look at her in confusion.

"I didn't kill Jane, she was my best friend," I defend.

"Oh no, Cleo better watch her back then huh?"

"And not to mention, how would I have managed to kill you're dad, The Emperor? I wouldn't stand a chance against one of the most powerful warlocks in existance," I continue ignoring her last comment.

"Then explain why you were the only other person in The Forgotten Forest with her?" Izzy finally joins her sister in the interogation.

In shock, I look at Lyland. He's the only other person that knows Jane is still alive. I couldn't do much to defend myself without exposing that fact, which would do more harm then good.