Chapter 13 - The Outcome

"Enough."

Akira glanced at Kakashi, who made that stern statement.

"Don't waste any more of your time on him." He added, before quickly weaving hand signs.

"Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"

"Suiton: Suiryuudan no Jutsu." Itachi immediately responded, and the water dragon crashed against the great fireball, causing a mist to surround them.

"I can't see anything!" Naruto groaned.

He countered a high-level technique and easily created a stage where he has the advantage. Not bad. Akira mused to herself. Her grip on the kunai tightened.

"It would be unwise to surprise me with your transportation technique. I already burnt your kunai into nothingness." Itachi warned.

She was not sure if he could read minds, but he was definitely watching her.

"Naruto follow me." Kakashi suddenly appeared beside them and spoke with absolute discretion. "Akira, proceed with formation C."

The pinkhead was silent, as if hesitant to answer. "...Okay."

"We have formations?" Naruto asked.

"No," Kakashi replied, eyes directed forward. "It's just a thing of the past."

Immediately after, he performed his signature move and ran towards a certain direction. "Raikiri!"

Itachi easily dodged and jumped in the air for a counter. His hands, which were weaving signs, stopped upon sensing a presence above him.

"I appreciate the warning, but you're 5 years too late." A condensed ball of chakra then came into his view.

"Rasengan!" Akira yelled.

Itachi was pushed to the ground, which was immediately destroyed after the contact. The impact also caused the mist to be blown away.

A counter that does not bother for advantages or disadvantages and just aims for the kill. That's my style!

Or not.

Akira stared at the ground and found no body. Her eyes flinched upon sensing him at the far back. Of course, a kagebunshin.

"Thanks to you," she spoke and turned around, facing her escaped target. "I got trapped in a separate dimension and stopped aging for 5 years."

So that's why she looks the same. Itachi thought and inwardly sighed.

At least, she's alive...

"I'll make you pay for that."

The pinkhead charged towards him and they engaged in a kunai fight.

Amidst the heated spar, two hands suddenly appeared from the ground and caught Itachi's ankles, making him lose his balance.

Akira saw that opening, and she reached her free hand towards him.

If I mark him with Hiraishin, it's our win!

Itachi dodged downward before taking a sudden lunge towards Akira's face. Heaven forbid such habit to be called upon an unfitting situation, but Akira shut her eyes due to usual embarrassment. Just for a split second though. However, that was enough to create an opening for the Uchiha male.

And he headbutted her.

Dammit! Akira cursed inwardly as she stumbled backwards.

"Rasengan!" Naruto appeared from behind and charged at him.