Soap (Jegulus)

man I warned y'all updates were finna be slow asf-  bet y'all ain't think it was gonna be this slow tho😭😭 (tbh neither did I😭)

For the first time in my life school is actually hard- like its never been this hard to keep straight A's

anyway time for the story

Finally classes were over and Regulus could just get out of that fucking castle. Everything was too loud, too bright, too much. He walked out with the flow of the students and made his way to the concealed area with a few trees that he found in first year. He sat down and let out a shaky breath. He pointed his wand at himself and changed his clothes. He was now wearing dark green-almost black sweatpants and a Slytherin hoodie. He tucked his head in his knees. His peaceful silence lasted all of 10 minutes, "Reggie?" The voice of none other than James Potter interrupted his thoughts.

"What do you want P-"
"James, not Potter, James"
"What do you want?" Regulus said finally looking up from his knees.

Mistake.

James had already changed out of his school robes and was in a pair of muggle slim fitting dark colored jeans and had a Gryfindorr quidditch sweater on. Regulus lost his words for a second. Why did Potter have to be so damn attractive? "What are you doing, out here?" "I asked first."

"I wanted to come talk to you, because we're friends?"
"We are not friends."
"Your about to come and live at my house."
"And?"
"How's was your day?" James said plopping down next to Regulus, completely ignoring his attitude.
"Why do you care?
"Reggg" James whined.
"Okay fine, my day was decent enough I guess."
"There's no way in hell that convinced me. Your day was not 'decent enough '. What happened?"

"Nothing really, it was fine."
"Regulus Arcturus Black, please tell me what's wrong."
"I swear, I'm alright just tired."
"Hey, hey, don't do that." James said grabbing Regulus' hands. "Stop what?" Regulus said with a flushed face.  "You pull at your hands, like twisting and turning them when ever you get nervous." Regulus' face got even darker at the thought that James was paying that much attention to him to notice that he did that.

"Here, have this instead." James slid a bracelet off of his arm, over their joined hands and onto Regulus' wrist, "If your nervous mess with this instead of pulling at your fingers and its magically enforced so no matter how hard you pull it, it won't break. Or if your with me, hold my hands." James winked. Regulus was all red at this point. The blush was creeping down his back and over his ears.

"Thanks."
"No problem, now will you please tell me what's wrong?"
Regulus was already pulling at the bracelet on his wrist. It pissed him of how James broke his walls down.

Uh-Oh, there it goes...

"Uhm, I got a letter from my mother and it stressed me out."
"If your okay with me asking, what did it say?"
"It- it uh-"
"It's okay take your time."
Regulus took a breath then he explained, "She was talking about how I have to come home and get the mark, and how she might have found "a nice pureblood girl" for me. I don't want to marry that girl. For Christ sake I'm gay! She keeps going on and on about all of the bullshit about our family name! I don't give half a shit about it!" Regulus started to tear up, twisting and pulling at the bracelet harshly. James sat quietly, giving Regulus his full attention.

I said to much it over flowed...

"She's almost as scary and You-Know-Who himself, and I'm not exaggerating. And my father just sits on the side lines and lets it happen, sometimes he even helps her. I know I'm coming to live your family. But I feel like I would just be a burden to you and your parents. And I don't  want anyone to get hurt for me, I'm not important enough for all of that. I'm scared for me, Sirius, your family. And I'm overwhelmed as hell!"

Why do I always spill?

"Sorry, I'm talking to much, I'm probably ann-"

"Don't say that. You don't annoy me. You had to get it out, and that completely fine. You don't have to feel like you're a burden, my parents begged Sirius to ask you to come with us. You are 100% welcome. Your mom can't hurt you at my house either, in the least offensive way possible, my parents are more powerful than yours."

I feel it coming out my throat...

The words are flying out a Regulus' mouth before he can stop them, "Fuck my parents. All they do is fuck up my life and shit on me at every opportunity."

Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap.

Regulus has never said that out loud...well there's a first time for everything. "Thank You Ja-Potter. I needed that" "Did you almost say James?" James asked smiling. "No, shove off." "Yes you did! Ha! We are friends!" James said tackling Reg in a hug while laughing. Regulus struggles a bit but lets James hug him for a second. Then uses the bit of wand less magic he knows to shock James enough to push away. "H-How di-d you do that? Your w-wand is over there." Regulus stands up and holds his hand out for James to help him up.

When James grabs his hand, he shocks him again. "Hey!" James falls back before getting himself up. "Afraid, I can't tell you that." Regulus says with a shrug and a smirk. "But seriously, thank you." "No problem, if you ever need to talk you can come get me, no matter what time it is."

please tell me someone understood the title after reading this

anyways what do you think abt the story

sry updates are actually slow as shit- school is stressing me out for once

SHIP /PROMPT SUGGESTIONS HERE