Epilogue

A few months later

As I look back now, I can see the path I walked down. It had been a long path. It had been so long.

If someone asked me, did it get back to normal as the days passed? I don't know the answer yet. I am still figuring it out. But one thing is for sure: It gets easier.

There were days when I went on without thinking about him, even once. And there were some days when I could not even get out of bed. I would stay put, being zoned out, not sure of what I was thinking and doing with life. There were days when I was as happy as a dog with two tails, and then there were days when I was hard on myself and got angry at myself for being incapable of doing something about it.

There were days when I appreciated myself for not thinking about him much, and I started believing that I was over this but then ended up dreaming about him the whole night. There were days when I was not sure where I was headed, and I was not sure where life was leading me. And then there were days when I couldn't figure out if I was moving forward or backward. It was so hard to figure that out.

But one thing I had in mind was to deal with it and get over it. I wanted to get out of this so badly. But I was also clinging to it one way or another. Maybe it was the fear of what would happen next if I was completely over this. Maybe I was too afraid to face that change after being stuck in there for months and getting used to it.

I knew that the only way to move forward from there was to completely believe and accept in my heart that it was over and that it would point a way towards something better. But every time I tried to accept that, I was left with a question: Do I even want something better than that? That always kept me an inch away from accepting life.

The only thing I consistently did was try to come out of it one day at a time and hope that I was not stuck here forever.

But now, after months, I could see myself evolving in a way that I never imagined. It was indeed a long journey. It took me a lot of wrecked-up days to finally get where I am now. I learnt the hard way that acceptance is the key to everything.

I was happy that I pulled it off to this extent. I might not be completely over everything right now, but I strongly believe that I have crossed the hardest phase, and it won't be longer until I make it fully.

And I hope there is still a Garrett Blake waiting for me.

******

💥 Sequel Alert  💥

I thought of writing a P.O.V. sequel to this story from Henry's point of view.

Comment down if it's a good idea.

******

And cheers, guys! We made it.

I cannot find enough words to convey my gratitude for all who have come this far. If not for you guys, I wouldn't even have crossed the first chapter.

Every vote, comment, and suggestion meant so much to me.

Thank you so much for sticking with Elena and Henry and for putting up with me and my irregular updates! ❤️

******