Goodmorning, sunshine.

• Dedicated to Zabree Russell

      “WAKE THE FUCK UP, SKY!” The voice of one of my brother’s friend rang out and bounced off of my bedroom walls. I groaned and sat up.

      “Oh, for the love of God.” I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

    "HEY! COME ON! WE GOTTA GO!" More yelling, followed by a grown man jumping up onto my bed and hopping up and down until I fell on the floor. Oof. Yes, a pile of sheets and blankets, I have become.

     "SKY, GET UP!" He yelled. I got a glimpse of who it was, still jumping on my small, twin size bed.

"God dammit, Joe. What’s going on?” I ask, straightening out my very curly and very messy hair.

     "Oh. You're going on tour with us." Joe responded. I look up at him with a confused look.

“Wait… how did you get into my house?” I asked, cocking my head slightly to the left.

      "Patrick has a spare key." Joe replied, shrugging.

"Oh, I forgot about that." I mumbled, biting my bottom lip.

      "Mhm. Anyway, get dressed. We’ve got to leave in like, a half hour.”

"Oh, alright. So I get to rush?” I asked sarcastically, getting out of bed and slowly shuffling to the bathroom.

      “Yeah, man!” Joe giggled. “I’m sure it won’t take you that long.” Joe flashed a crooked smile at me and jumped off of my bed, walking towards my doorway. As he was about to leave, he leaned back in and whispered “You’re not wearing pants.”

       I looked down, and sure enough, he was right. I groaned loudly. I could hear Joe snickering in the hall, excited to tell everyone in the living room what just happened. I slumped my shoulders and walked into my bathroom. I scanned the items set out on top of my counter.

     “Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, lotion, bullshit, face wash.” I smiled and reached over for the face wash, missing just ever so slightly and causing a bunch of empty conditioner containers to come crashing down. I groaned again and ignored it. I’ll clean it up later. I finished washing and shoved a towel in my face. I then looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Today is not going to be fun. I threw on some mascara and my headband, and then walked back into my room to get dressed.

       I noticed my favorite blue jeans with the knees ripped out lying on my floor. I shrugged and put them on, not even stopping to wonder how dirty they may be. I then made my way to my dresser, where I pulled out the top drawer to get a shirt. I noticed a black tank top and slightly smiled. It was my favorite tank top. I grabbed it from the drawer and carelessly threw it on the floor. I turned away from the dresser, leaving the top drawer still open, and threw on a pair of Green converse before finally picking the tank top off of the floor and putting it on.

      I looked at the time. I had about 15 minutes left. I put on my favorite guitar pick necklace and spent the rest of my time picking up the mess Joe had made when he started jumping on my bed. I closed my bathroom door and grabbed the sweater that was hanging from the hook on the door. It was too hot to wear one, but not too hot to tie one around my waist. I then exit my room and make my way down the hall. When I reach the living room, I was greeted by all the boys. They all smile and wave, and let out a “Hey, Sky!” Except for Patrick, who actually stood up and gave me a sideways hug.

      "Hey Sky, you all ready?" He asked and gave me a kiss on the top of my head. I nod my response and release Patrick's waist.

     "Well, I guess that's it. Come on, guys." Patrick said, walking towards the door while everyone else follows. I grab my phone from the kitchen counter and run to catch up with the guys. As soon as I felt the sun on my face, I yell "Shotgun!"

Joe "Awed." And opened the back door, sitting down and then slumping in the seat, pouting. Smiling, I hopped into the passenger seat, next to Pete.

      “I expected a tour bus.” I joked around, smiling at Pete.

"So did I. Your brother over there decided that taking a fucking minivan would be the way to go." Pete grumbled in response.

      “That sucks. Is that why you’re in such a bad mood?” I joked around some more.

“Yeah.” Pete scoffed. “That’s it.”

     “Woah, Negative Nancy over here. What’s the matter?”

“Let me just put it gently. You.” He shrugged.

      “And why is that?”

“Just this entire ordeal. We could’ve been in Chicago by now, but nooooo. We had to stop and pick you up.”

      “I’d much rather go back to bed.” I opened the car door to get out.

Pete put his hand on my shoulder. “No, it’ll upset Patrick. It’s best if you just stay.”