Choices

Chloe woke up early the next day and headed back to the mansion for todays debrief, "What'd I miss," she walks in the house as the Salvatore's, Elena, and Elijah are already talking at the dining room table.

"Oh good you're here. It's been like 3 against 1 all morning," Damon complained as his best friend walked in the room.

"There's a full moon tonight, so we're assuming Klaus will attempt to break his curse today," Stefan explains.

Chloe didn't see the problem here, she thought the solution was pretty clear, "So we kill him, simple".

"Thank you!" Damon exclaimed.

Stefan and Elijah explain just how much it would drain Chloe to attempt to kill Klaus, "How exactly does Klaus plan to break this curse? The more we know the better we would be able to stop it," Elena asked.

Elijah explained that all Klaus required was the moonstone, a witch, and a werewolf, vampire sacrifice.

"How do I play into that?"

"That's the finale," Elijah walked to the counter and grabbed a wooden box, "Klaus has to drink the blood of a doppelgänger...to the point of your death".

"What's in the box, Elijah?" Chloe asks as she saw the wave of panic wash over Elenas face

The Mikaelson opens the box and pulls a jar with some kind of liquid in it, "Ok that looks ancient," Chloe laughed.

"This is an elixir I acquired 500 years ago for dear Katerina, meant to posses the properties of resurrection".

"So I actually have to die?" Elena concerned.

Elijah set the jar on the table, "Yes, but then you'll live," he smiled.

Damon was far from convinced, "Really? Our plan is a magical witch potion without an expiration date, that could kill her for all we know," he pointed at the jar.

"What about Johns ring," Chloe suggested, "shouldn't that bring her back?"

"A doppelgänger is a supernatural being, given the ring only works for humans, it shouldn't work for Elena," Elijah warned.

"What if this stupid elixir doesn't work," Damon continues to worry.

"Well, then i'll be dead," Elena shrugged, as Chloe looked at everyone in the room and watched Damon get up and leave.

"Does Klaus have everything he needs? Where's he gonna get a werewolf?" Stefan asked not giving his brother a second thought.

"He's waited decades for this, if he doesn't have one now he'll have one by tonight," Elijah explained.

The room fell silent thinking of Klaus's werewolf, "Tyler," Chloe spoke up, "Klaus is gonna use Tyler as his werewolf, I mean who else could he get?"

"Damon and I can check it out later, last I heard he's with Caroline," Stefan told them as he walked out the room to find Damon outside.

"Caroline wasn't in her house when I woke up this morning so I guess she should be with him now".

Chloe, Elena, and Elijah moved their conversation to the library after the Salvatores left them.

Elena picked up the elixir bottle and shook it around, "You'd think he'd understand why i'm doing this," she referred to Damon.

"And why are you?" Chloe leaned on the doorway, "We could find another way".

"Everyone is risking so much, but i'm the reason Klaus is here, if I don't stop him he's gonna hurt a lot of innocent people".

Elijah took the bottle from Elena, "Elena, there is a chance this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead anyone".